Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Jgrimes
Unregistered

Women of Color & HIV
      #60865 - 03/18/03 03:28 PM

I am a graduate student looking to hear more about the experiences of Women of Color and HIV/AIDS. I am wondering if you notice more of a stigma because of race, differences in availability to treatments, communty/family acceptance...really anything about your experience. I would love to hear more about how your life has been affected. You amy post here or contact me at Jgrimes14@aol.com Thanks for your time and take care.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
angrysistah

Reged: 03/22/03
Re: Women of Color & HIV new
      #61282 - 03/22/03 04:11 PM

Thank you for your interest in women of color. I am a woman of color infected with HIV. My ex-boyfriend purposely infected me and my life is a living hell. I am a grad student, too. I plan to pursue a PhD. in clinical psychology. I have worked in mental health for years,and now, I need help. It is a scary world and you cannot talk with many people because no one really understands accept God. I am severly lonely and have eaten my way to a size 26 from a size 8. I cannot begin to tell you what this nightmare does to you and for you. I need help and someone to talk too. Right now, I feel as if I am going to go out of my mind, Thank you for your interest. You may contact me at I would love to chat with someone. Thank you

cris30@aol.com
Unregistered

#62249 - 04/01/03 09:27 AM

Iam also a woman of color who contracted this disease from my husband who never informed me he had it. If you would like to talk u can always email me at Cris30@aol.com. I would be glad to discuss any issue or problems you might be going thru.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#62492 - 04/02/03 03:47 PM

I would like to recommend a book to you, AIDS Memoir: Journal of an HIV-Positive Mother by Catherine Wyatt-Morley. Personally, this book moved me beyond words.

Every15Sec.
Unregistered

#62848 - 04/04/03 11:27 PM

I deeply feel your pain as I too was infected by someone I trusted (my ex-husband); however, please take comfort in knowing that we are more fortunate than most (1) we have gotten this disease in a time in which many breakthroughs in treatment are being found (2) we have the opportunity to network with others and share positive experiences (3) we live in a country where treatment is available. I could go on an on, but I know it's hard for you because I am also very depressed sometimes. Please knows that God loves you and will never leave you. Have faith in God's ability to heal. I have been nondetectable three years now. Think about it; a lot of our sisters (before us) are no longer here. I believe that they passed on so we would not have to and are now our personal angels, cheering us on. Please continue to be strong.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#63253 - 04/07/03 10:00 PM

Sweetie, it will get better! I'm too a woman of color who was infected purposely with this terrible disease. Remember life always goes on and we all will out live this disease. You can email me at: lchardonnay@aol.com
I would love to talk and start a support system with you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#96485 - 04/25/04 04:42 PM

How about considering those women of color who have been exposed to hiv by their husband's, but did not contract it. However, it has a life long effect upon you.

Would be nice to hear and read about those of us women of color like myself who do not get the support the the hiv positive sisters of color get. No offense. Hiv is a horrible disease and no one deserves it. It's just that all the resources and support are for the positive person. Let's not get about the loved ones's such as wives who are affected but not hiv infected.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4673

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3