Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excessive Night Sweats
      #40833 - 09/26/02 12:37 PM

Help. I take effexor XR 100 mg a day. I am having the meds. reduced because the night sweats are to bad. Mr. Doctor says these are not related to the Effexor. He's not sure what it is. The only thing he knows is that its not menopause, i'm 32, and it's not anything medically related like tuburculosis. I wake up soaked and trembling so hard, i usually climb in a bath, sometimes twice a night to stop trembling. In the morning I wake up disoriented and exhausted. I feel as if I have had 3-4 drinks. After a few days of this, around the 4th day, I am so exhausted that I don't wake up to the alarm clock to take my kids to school. I can't wake up. There is no pattern, no schedule. It occurs on and off. Mostly on.

Any advise on how to minimize these night sweats? Any advise on what to possibly take or drink to regain my strength quickly after a night of sweats? Gatoraide not working. Help

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Excessive Night Sweats new
      #40848 - 09/26/02 04:59 PM

So sorry to hear about your excessive night sweats.
I take Effexor XR 225mg per day..and have for quite sometime now..and I have never experienced sweats from this med. The only night sweats I have, occassionally is Aids related. My I ask, are you HIV poz. or neg?
My daughter also takes Effexor XR, 300mg per day and she has never ever experienced any night sweats at all from this med. either.
I'm sure this doesn't really help you to find cause of your sweats..but thought I'd let you know that there are two of us that take this med..and it hasn't given us night sweats at all.
Hope you find the cause of your problem. Have you looked up Effexor on the internet? If i recall correctly, the side effects on the website doesnt' list "night sweats." Sure wish I could be of better help to you..just wanted to share my experience.
Good luck,
Linda

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Excessive Night Sweats new
      #40990 - 09/29/02 10:57 AM

I remember doing the same thing last year. I would also get very cold or very hot. It was like I couldn't control my internal temp gage. I was so exhasuted that I couldn't make it through the day at work without taking a nap. Luckily I was working for my family at the time and could do that. My doctor ran every test in the book. He finally had me take a depression quiz. I had kept saying 'I'm not depressed, I'm just stressed'. Turned out that I was severly depressed. He started me on Paxil and sent me to a therapist. All the phsyical problems I was having went away after a few weeks. There are depression screening tests on line. Just type depression in a search and you will find plenty of sites.

The other possibility would be your thyroid. It can cause the same symptoms when it is out of kilter. Have your doctor check your thyroid.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2865

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3