Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Helpneeded
Unregistered

Infection in the vulvar tube ?
      #36598 - 07/02/02 12:57 PM

I have been checked for some STD with blood analysis, a viral cultive, and a pap ( they didnīt checked me for HPV , because they told me that I didnīt have any lession ). Well, although my boyfriend has been checked too and he seems to be negative ( his last risky contact was two years before the analysis ) I have a constant itching, or sensation of burning and a sweet odour. Could it be something related to HPV ? Which are the symthoms of infection with HPV ? Can this itch be caused by HIV ? I Thanks a lot .

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Infection in the vulvar tube ? new
      #36754 - 07/04/02 04:42 PM

Human papilloma virus (HPV), the genital wart virus, is the most common yet the least understood sexually transmitted infection in the U.S. (and at Colby). The latest estimates of HPV prevalence among sexually active women without symptoms range from 20 percent to nearly 50 percent, and rates are probably similar among men. One study shows that 73 percent of the male sexual partners of HPV-infected women also had HPV infections. The great majority of HPV infections produce no overt symptoms so that literally millions of people infected with this virus suffer no obvious ill effects from it.

Ergo: lack of lesions/warts means nothing. Oftentimes women find out of their HPV infections when they get an irregular pap smear (HPV can cause cervical and vulvar cancer in women), if you have a concern about HPV you should have your doctor check...then hopefully you won't be one to find out when you have an irregular pap.

I just went to several sites regarding genital warts/HPV to triple check my information....and could not find one site which mentioned symptoms at all, let alone symptoms that you describe.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Infection in the vulvar tube ? new
      #37632 - 07/29/02 11:11 PM

Dear Helpless,
I have been diagnosed with HPV about 6 months ago. I know many web sites say that there aren't many symptoms to tell you that you have hpv, however, ever since i found out i had HPV i have noticed that i suffered from itching, a burning sensation, and odor. When i read your posting, I knew right away what you were talking about. My advice to you is, you need to be examined by your doctors on a regular basis, more than once a year. Also talk to your doctor about your questions and concerns and you should be fine. Take care hun!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2909

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3