The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

No one understands!! Support group needed.
      #3656 - 04/27/00 02:49 AM

I need a support group with other heterosexuals who I can identify with. I live in NY, and the few times I've attended a group it was a disappointment, and I had nothing in common with them. Most of the people were a bit older than I am and were ex-addicts (sorry, no offense) and I feel left out. I get no encouragement. Prior to my diagnosis I was very fun and outgoing, but now it's the total opposite. I'm practically a HERMIT, because I went into seclusion. Most of my so called friends have disappeared and I need to have fun again with others in my situation. I don't even have the urge to do anything again because I keep dwelling on the past, and not moving on. I'm limiting myself to so many things. If anyone knows of a fun group in the NY area please write back, I'm tired of staying home feeling sorry for myself. Summer is soon here and I need to get back the social life I once had. Please help. No one else will understand. Please leave your email addresses and I'll write back.

Thank you
28/F/NY

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: No one understands!! Support group needed. new
      #5052 - 06/07/00 11:51 AM

Well your taking the first big step which is trying to communicate. I went through the same thing. I understand how you feel about support groups, I couldn't fit in either. Either I was too young or just couldn't relate. Most of the heterosexual groups I went to was attended mainly by people in rehab or much older then me. I'll be 27 this year. If you like, e-mail me at PRTia@aol.com. Just remember your not alone. And life is worth living and enjoying and that there are people out there just like you. Just wanting to live life and have fun.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: No one understands!! Support group needed. new
      #56959 - 01/30/03 10:28 PM

I know thatthis is an old e-mail, but maybe for the next frustrated gal in New York looking for a peer...You know that there has GOT to be a bunch of us flaoting around in this city, it's just that we are all hiding. I am 31,Pos for 7 years, married to an HIV- guy for 4 years. Still loving life, and taking very good care of myself. I am looking to start a support group for thoughtful, health focused women who can't seem to find their peers. all of my girlfriends are HIV negative and I would like to change that. I do some volunteer work at Body Positive, my mother actually is running the Garden Gala Event in June. I was thinking of starting the group there. Pleease e-mail if this sounds interesting. jennabanenna@hotmail.com In the meantime I wish health and peace of mind to all of you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2863

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3