Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Test!?!window period?
      #29965 - 03/16/02 05:08 AM

Hello everyone,

I have been sick for nine months now. I had a HIV test done after 6 months of possible exposure to the virus. The test came back neg! But the strange symptoms I am having have not gone away. I was wondering if the test sometimes won't pick up on the virus even after six months. It started out with the flu, then it went away and was replaced with a very fuzy hairy white tonge, lots of canker soars that come and go, numbness in hands,feet, headaches, nightmares,tingling sensations, bruises that come and go, tierdness, and now I am starting to get dark red bruises. Can anyone offer me some advice? I really don't mean to be wasting anyones time, but can the test be wrong? I will get retested and let you know my outcome.
You are all wonderfull! If I am negative or positive I have decided to do volunteer work involving aids orginizations, we can find a cure! Peace

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Test!?!window period? new
      #29985 - 03/16/02 08:12 PM

Hi, according to your symptoms you really need to get tested
again. Don't mean to scare u if I am. The test can be negative and correct. It takes time for the body to show infection through an hiv test. so very important get tested real soon. Hope you are well, and if your test comes back negative again get tested again, always stay safe.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re:WOW new
      #30033 - 03/18/02 08:11 AM

Im sorry but how many times should this girl get tested?????!!!!!!!!! She said Neg at 6months, you tell her to test AGAIN and if its NEGATIVE to test AGAIN!!!!!

JamieLEE
Unregistered

BS new
      #30055 - 03/18/02 12:38 PM

You have done enough testing....the symtoms you are having can have a lot to do with stress, believe your test and move on with your life. You might have something else going on but it is not HIV. Do not take that advice of testing a retesting. You are fine. Don't stress yourself anymore!!!!!!

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
      #30093 - 03/19/02 08:14 AM

Let me guess. You are one of the worried well that just can't believe you don't have HIV. Just how many needless tests that have been negative have you taken? That can be the ONLY possible explanation for you advising that additional testing is needed.

If you are going to post such nonsense at least specify that it is only your opinion and that it goes against the 3 month window that the medical community and the CDC recommend.

As for the original poster...HIV is not the cause of your symptoms. You may have other medical conditions going on or you have just put yourself under such stress that your body is reacting to the stress in physical ways. Nothing you describe is conclusive of HIV infection, it can be caused by stress, or depression. You tested negative at 6 months. You do not have HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#32048 - 04/15/02 09:46 AM

stress doesnt cause unexplainable bruising, low platelets does. and guess what causes low platelets (hiv). test until you get the bad news, or until doc diagnoses you with something else. very important.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#32350 - 04/19/02 12:11 PM

HIV is not the only disease! There are tons of other diseases!

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
      #32789 - 04/23/02 10:09 PM

Leukemia can also cause brusing and low platelet count. So can Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Medications, Chronic ITP (http://seconde.scripps.edu/itp/describe.html), anemia, etc. So to automatically assume that it is due to HIV infection is jumping to conclusions.

You don't continue to test until 'you get the bad news'. If you have a negative test after 3 months, you are negative. No need to test further. Even the CDC lowered their recommendations to 3 months last November.

If you have tested after 3 months, please let this go, you are not infected.

T.i.a.d.

Ron
Unregistered

#64266 - 04/24/03 09:31 PM

Hi i am writing this for those other people who are in doubt about the test results. When i found out my girlfriend was pos I had fever 99.5, very stiff neck ( felt like a giant hand was crushing my neck), red blotches,DIFFICULTY BREATHING, SEVERE WEAKNESS,memory loss, THEN guess what my test came back neg. All this was due to STRESS !!! symptons vanished in three days. relax,the test at three months is accurate.This all happened 8 years ago, all tests since then have been negative and I'm in excellent health.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6951

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3