Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
positivewoman46

Reged: 12/22/13
LIVING IN THE NOW HIV + TODAY new
      #274868 - 01/20/14 08:15 PM

Hello my sisters you`re living HIV+ today. My name is positivewoman46 and I want to talk a little about " LIVING IN THE NOW HIV+", are their many of us living in the now with this disease today; and I hope there are many of my sisters will agree with me about living in the now HIV+. Because I would like to put a book together with all the sisters I mean all races and color it mean that I `ve been trying to write a book about my life as living HIV+ but when I start I couldn`t come up with a title for the book and so this Sunday while I was sitting in church my pastor sermon title was" LIVING IN THE NOW WITH JESUS" and so part of this title stuck in my mind and so I thought about it all day and night and I came up with this title for all of my woman who are living in the now HIV+ today. because I would like to hear from ALL WOMEN I don`t care if you`re old or young because we need to come all together and tell our stories about " LIVING IN THE NOW HIV+ TODAY. and if you are interested about me putting your story in my book you can contact me here under the name positivewoman46 or email me @ positivewoman46@gmail.com. so I hope that I`ll be hearing from all of women you are " LIVING IN THE NOW HIV+ TODAY.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: LIVING IN THE NOW HIV + TODAY new
      #274869 - 01/20/14 08:38 PM

How much are compensating us for the use of our stories in your book?

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #274874 - 01/21/14 08:45 AM

I will be in touch with you through your e-mail. Can there be a part for women that have been dealing with a pos spouse also?

positivewoman46

#274917 - 01/22/14 09:34 AM

I` ve already gotten one email about my post here on the body and I need more to respond to my post and also it doesn't matter weather they have a spouse that is also going through this too they are welcome too.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #274918 - 01/22/14 09:43 AM

Just as a warning to other women on this board. positivewoman46 has not been an active member of this board. She has signed in for one purpose only. While the idea of a book about the stories of positive women is laudable, there is much she doesn't not say. She has no publisher. She has a name for the book. Since this is her book, she, if she finds a publisher, would be the only one to make money from this book.....from your stories. Not her's.

In all honesty, I would expect someone that is planning to write a book to be a much better writer. If her posts are an example of her writing skill I have serious doubts about her validity.

There is also the matter that you don't really know who is behind the user name. If you do decide to get in touch with her, then please do not give her any personal information. I personally would create a new email address just for use with her. This could also be a way a person could get email address for phishing.

Just be careful when dealing with strangers that pop up on this board, that want something. Be it money, your time or your personal story.

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #274926 - 01/22/14 10:20 PM

It is quite interesting, the idea of a book ... however we do have a segment here on the body website that gives the opportunity for people to share their journies, their stories. If someone wanted to compile a book a glance through there would give a great read, keeping in mind the legal issues of using the story and of course the fact that once something hits the internet, it's basically public domain! If you don't want it used wrongly, keep it off the internet!

My suggestion to positivewoman46, tell us a little about yourself, your journey. From glancing through everyone's previous posts on here one can put together some very interesting experiences. Build our trust with you and become one of us and see where it goes from there. I have several people who have become friends with me from this site and it all started from just sharing our journey together.

We have to keep in mind, we all share this common thread, common bond ... HIV ... some have had painful journies, others a new outlook on life. That is the human experience involved with something like HIV! My life is kind of an open book and I would share my journey in hopes that it might inspire or help someone build up strength with their journey. I would like to see an organization associated with HIV to pursue a book venture of this nature to help with research, medicine, understanding ... not something for someone to pocket personaly from!

Let's hear your journey, your life story, positivewoman46 and see what will unfold in the weeks or months ahead!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator

#275002 - 01/24/14 05:07 PM

Excellent response anotherday . Thank you. I e-mail the now and today and found it was to be posted on a google+ net work which I said would cause alot of folks to be uncomfortable, myself included. I'm sorry Now + Today but this Google+ circle is not stable for me. But there are many stories about . You just need to take some time to know each person. It's like trying to preach to someone, you got to earn the right with their trust.

positivewoman46

#275168 - 01/31/14 02:02 PM

I`LL DO THIS FIRST I WILL POST MY PART OF MY BOOK HERE ON THEBODY FOR THE OTHERS TO SEE WHAT I`AM TALKING ABOUT AND WHAT I WANT FROM THEM AND THEN WE`LL SEE WERE IT LEADS TO OK!
riverprincess and I`ll post it on GOOGLE+ too and see what happen OK!

riverprincessModerator

Re: LIVING IN THE NOW HIV + TODAY
      #275192 - 02/01/14 08:59 AM

Please do not say that I will be doing any googling of others info. I am not comfortable , nor think that is for me to do. If this is something that you wish to do then it is for you to do. I mentioned my thoughts on this google+ circle thing. And it seems like another version of face booking , which does not give privacy where privacy is desired. So please if you put me in it then please take me out of it. I have my reasons for nondisclousures. Thank you and I do really wish you the best with you project....River

positivewoman46

#275280 - 02/05/14 06:33 PM

HELLO ANOTHERDAY; This is positivewoman46 if that is the way you want that I will do that first because the other people make me feel that I don`t belong here on this board.; Iam just trying to get to know some of the people here on the body but a few of them are hurting my feelings and I feel that is not right to me. and if I have make anyone uncomfortable about my book iam so sorry about it but iam still going to write my book if I don`t get none of you to give me feedback on my book.

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #275287 - 02/05/14 10:29 PM

poistivewoman46, I am glad you responded directly to me ... although I can't speak for the others I will speak regarding the emotion alot of people feel regarding HIV or any illness for that matter.

It is a very private situation, and especially when it is HIV, alot of people are comfortable in disclosing under an "annonymous" manner to each other, like on this forum ... others are quite open and upfront but in most cases they have been upfront with themselves and the people around them.

Requesting stories to compile a book by, is a great idea, but to just jump the gun and request from strangers is a little intimidating for some. Take your time with it, like I mention, get some trust going and see where things will go.

When it comes to having HIV alot of people tread very carefully in disclosing to others just in the event that they are subject the "the stigma" that surrounds it. It's a scary world for some, pouncing on them to share their stories is kinda like helping a scared kitten out of a corner, it takes some time and
trust!

Good luck with your book, I think it has some potential. I mean a book project always gives a point of view, a voice in print, something that will bring awareness. Even if you take true story events and write a fictional story, the idea is to get the awareness out there. After all was Jack and Rose really on the Titanic, or did James Cameron create a beautiful story of how people were feeling and reacting when that real life story of the boat sank in the Atlantic!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1588

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3