Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Abby

Reged: 12/30/01
Alternatives
      #26689 - 01/08/02 10:30 PM

Hi there,
I am 24 and diagnosed only 6 months ago. I am astonished at the lack of information on websites for alternative treatments / therapies?? Im not on antivirals, I dont need to be and my main goal is to not go on them by doing everything I possibly can to help my body out. Forums like this cover all the medical jargen that is thrown at us, and true, its good to have, but what about something that outlines the benefits of weekly massage, yoga, homeopathic remedies for treating sypmtoms, sleeping, diet, mental health???
Is anyone else experiencing this???

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Alternatives new
      #26778 - 01/09/02 07:03 PM

Hi Abby,

I like Christine Maggiore's website http://www.aliveandwell.org but even she doesn't give out much alternative medical advise. Probably afraid someone will sue if the advise ends up being wrong. Good luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26817 - 01/10/02 01:28 PM

There's a whole section on this subject on the body
http://www.thebody.com/treat/altern.html
also of course being generally healthy helps and keeping your immune system in good shape. I exercise and take coQ10, Nac and a multi-vitamin and drink fresh juices every day and go to yoga twice a week. And I feel great. I will begin medications if my cd count goes below 200 though.

By the way, Christine Maggiore is a crazy lady who beleives that hiv is not transmitted sexually and that HIV doesn't cause AIDS. aliveandwell.org is a site run by these people. They have been disproven by everybody. they get their money from selling marijuana in marijuana clubs in California. Many people have died following their misguided advice.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26842 - 01/10/02 07:37 PM

Yikes! I didn't know that. Sort of sorry I posted the link now. I haven't read the whole website, but I thought they were just re-thinking the treatment issues, like drug toxicity, etc. Sorry, my error!

Abby

Reged: 12/30/01
      #26881 - 01/11/02 02:02 PM

Thanks for your feedback. I saw a programme on that lady and I dont really want to go there. Interesting, but not for me.
Keep a look out over the next 6 months for a "New" website. I'll keep you posted....

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27468 - 01/27/02 07:41 PM

Your calling someone crazy because they don't believe in the same things you do. How do you know that is how they make their money? I haven't seen any literature stating that they have been proven wrong. I have however seen facts about toxic drugs and actual figures from the CDC and I do agree that there is misleading info out there but not from Alive and Well, and Christine.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27725 - 02/02/02 08:28 PM

Had exactly the same problem, but my count is low. Just been put onto a site called "catie". Found it v. informative and in user friendly language. Web address is http://www.catie.ca Look under Complementary therapies. Good Luck!

Carrieanne

Reged: 04/30/08
      #238982 - 05/05/08 12:23 PM

Well, this Maggiore lady has a weird take now doesn't she? On exercising...I need to start a thread, I guess, I haven't found anyone talking about exercising as part of a healthier lifestyle...have you? I was a track runner in school and have just recently picked up running again as part of my 'freedom' from the every day. On top of finding general discussion groups I have also found a women's online running community...( www.traxee.com ) of which I can say have been incredibly supportive in making my way through this life with hope. Just thought I would share...Best Wishes+

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5335

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3