Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
cherelle
Unregistered

aids healthcare
      #26112 - 12/29/01 03:42 PM

Hello! I was told about a month ago that I was + and I wanted to know if anybody has been to this particular health care center and what the experience was like.
it's called aids health care the web site is
www.aidshealth.org and the number is 1800 955 5257 any feedback would be greatly appreciative because i really want to chang doc's, I don't feel like she really knows what she's doing i want someone good i'm in new york

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: aids healthcare new
      #26332 - 01/04/02 10:45 AM

If you are on medicaid one of the better clinics in NYC is at St. Lukes--it's called Comprehensive care clinic and it has lots of stuff for the HIV positive. 212 523 6050 Victoria Sharp, MD is the director. YOu should try and get an appointment with her.

There are some great doctors in NYC! Call GMHC, and ask for a referral. Or call AIDS Treatment Network 800-734-7104. YOu should also become a client at GMHC so that you can get support. If you have insurance try Dr. Jeffrey Green, he's affiliated with NYU. As a woman with hiv you should see ssomeone who knows about the differences of hiv in women.

(GMHC's number: 1-800-AIDS-NYC (1-800-243-7692)
In New York City: 212/807-6655)

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: aids healthcare new
      #26532 - 01/07/02 03:46 PM

Thank you so much for writing back to me it's really funny today i registered for GMHC and I chk the message board and you say to check them out!!lol GMHC referred me to a doctor on 18th street and I got an appointment with them I really happy because i wasn't happy with my current doctor.
Again thank's so much for writing back GMHC really helped alot before i felt so alienated but now it's getting easier

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2264

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3