Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Meeting People
      #24968 - 11/25/01 07:43 AM

Hi my name is Kristy and I have been h.i.v.+ for five years. In all that time I have only ever met one h.i.v.+ women as all the support groups in my area consists of gay men, don't get me wrong I have made some great friends, but I would just like to hear from women who are in the same situation so I know I am not the only one, sometimes it does feel that way and I know there must be thousands of people like me, I am 27 and have a six year old son and feel very happy with my life. I just would like to have some contact with other people. Thanks for your time, x x x

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Reged: 11/20/01
Loc: georgia usa
Re: Meeting People new
      #24982 - 11/25/01 09:49 PM

i am + and i am like you very happy. i have a great boyfriend and 2 wonderful children and most important i have god in my life.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25013 - 11/26/01 11:41 AM

If you want to talk to other women living with HIV, call Women Alive hotline. They have women on the hotline all the time. They also have retreats and stuff like that. Their number is: 800-554-4876

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25026 - 11/26/01 11:31 PM

Hey Kristy, My name's Erica and I'm 29. There are plenty of us, hopefully soon we can talk about it freely in the community so we don't feel alone. We need more resources for hiv straight people. I know some clinics or health centers have positive-women only meetings, so look around those. Good luck, and I'll talk to you soon!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25356 - 12/07/01 01:40 PM

Hi Kristy:

WELCOME! there are many people like you!

Welcome>

cherelle
Unregistered

#26109 - 12/29/01 01:34 PM

Hey your not alone, I am + also any time you wanna talk just email me cherelle76@aol I just found out about a month ago and I'm just trying to cope
take care!

Abby

Reged: 12/30/01
      #26237 - 01/02/02 05:29 PM

Hi there, Im in the same boat AND living in a country with less than 2000 + people.
The first note I posted on this thing, I got a really negative response and Im a little hesitant to continue. I just want to chat to other + people getting on with things.

cherelle
Unregistered

#26533 - 01/07/02 03:55 PM

Hey abby if you ever want to chat you can email me if you like my e mail address is on the other reply

Abby

Reged: 12/30/01
      #26687 - 01/08/02 09:54 PM

Cool. i will do. Can you let me know if you get the email or not, otherwise, you can contact me on mine.

See you

Anonymous
Unregistered

#84653 - 02/01/04 06:11 PM

I would love to chat with you. I should tell you that I am a Black HIV+ lesbian in Florida. If you would like to chat you can email me at rose_b1835@hotmail.com

Stay healthy,safe,happy and POSITIVE MINDED

smiles297

Reged: 04/07/04
Loc: FL, US
      #94603 - 04/07/04 02:40 PM

Hi, my name is robin I've been + for seven years I'm a single parent of three wonderful children. I'm also new to the body web site it's nice to know you're not alone, look forward to chatting with other people in my situation.

Kitty

Reged: 10/05/12
      #267646 - 10/05/12 05:59 PM

Hello I am also a HIV positive female looking for another female to talk to. I think the reason it's so hard to find others is the stigma that comes with being positive. But I am married and have come to terms with my situation so I'm not afraid to talk about it. I would love to chat sometime. Thanks Tina

Kitty

Reged: 10/05/12
      #267647 - 10/05/12 06:03 PM

Hello I'm sorry you got a negative response. People are scared of what they don't understand. I'd be happy to talk to you if you need anything. Good luck and stay strong. Tina

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6246

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3