The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1

Reged: 01/20/08
? about prenatal hiv testing
      #242686 - 10/10/08 07:02 PM

I am 17 weeks prgnant and went for my first check up at 14 weeks, I told the doctor about my concern with hiv and he did not seem to care and when i started crying he told me that when i get my prenatal blood test done that it is one of the test. They have about 4 or 5 docs. there and seemed unorganized> i was so upset with how he treated me and did not even want to hear what my symtoms are to make me concern that i left with out making another appt. I went to get blood test done on 9/ 23 and still have not heard anything, if it was pos. would they have called me by now?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
vasco
Regular

Reged: 02/22/08
Re: ? about prenatal hiv testing new
      #242703 - 10/12/08 09:42 AM

On my experience everythigs are fine with ur hiv test.... that's why you haven't heard from the result. just calm down
Take care

oldwoman
Guardian

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
Re: ? about prenatal hiv testing new
      #242716 - 10/13/08 10:41 AM

You may have to go back to get your test results,I know that here you can't get HIV test results over the phone,pos or neg you have to go back to where you were tested.Don't let it go,make sure you know the test results,sometimes things happen and calls don't get made so call them and find out for sure.

I don't know what your situation is but is it possible to change to another Dr's office?this is a very important time in your life,and your baby's,don't skip appointments because you don't like the Dr,try to find someone you like,trust and feel comfortable with.You deserve to be treated with respect and have a Dr who will listen to your concerns and answer your questions.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you.
Take care
Terry

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3189

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3