Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
whocanfigure
Guru

Reged: 09/01/07
Party in the house
      #236699 - 02/17/08 06:11 PM

Ok ladies (and Gary and Eric) here's the scoop. About 140 people converged on this free dinner..very, very nice, even had cloth tablecloths!!! LOL. Of course we had to listen to a spiel from Gilead and Abbott...but that is ok. The reps from both places are HIV positive. So all sizes, shapes, ages, races..male and female. I met some great people. I dance all night with a very sweet man named Raul.....we both like to cut the rug. The food was great, the company great. I never knew how many Poz hetero people there are out there in all backgrounds. It was nice to be comfortable and have fun and dress up in a cute dress. Of course, as us ladies know, the guys congregated on the side of the room and just hung out..now how do you meet people like that? There were people all the way from New Orleans and New York. Very fun. Today we had a brunch at the same place...right on the beach. The ocean was beautiful, the day sunny and bright. I got to meet even more people!!! So if anything..I have a lot more friends and a smile on my face!
I feel really awful today...its a bug because everyone in my office is sick. I almost didn't go to the brunch, but toughed it out and glad I did. So now I am going to wrap up in my blanket with Gracie the Diva cat and just read and hang out. My head is killing me (no, I don't drink). How is everyone?
Love ya all
Bernie

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sunflower
Grand Master

Reged: 08/31/06
Loc: AK
Re: Party in the house new
      #236701 - 02/17/08 07:09 PM

Bernie -
SO glad to hear you had a great time!! SOunds like it was a ton of fun~ dancing with a new man, dressing up, meeting new people, good food - followed by brunch - how fun! I am glad you were feeling good enough to go.
Can I live vicariously ~ at least for the sun and beach??? It is still snowing here - UGH! The roads are awful so hanging out at home, getting some things done so that feels good - still - would love to go to the beach - just soak up some vitamin D.....mmmmmmm.
Take good care of yourself - hope whatever the bug is, it goes away fast without too much discomfort. What are you reading??
Love ya - Lor

--------------------
Focus on your potential.

oldwoman
Guardian

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
      #236706 - 02/17/08 09:34 PM

Sounds like fun,I'll have to keep an ear out for something like that out here,it's been a while since I got to dress up and go out like that.
Sorry to hear you're sick,whatever that bug is it' on this side of the country too,I just left my Mom's and everybody there is sick with it too.Aren't cats great when you're sick,they just curl up on your lap and purr.It always makes me feel better when there's an animal with me.My poor dog is way too big for lap sitting though!!

Hugs and a hot cup of tea
Terry

whocanfigure
Guru

#236737 - 02/18/08 07:34 PM

Hey ladies..I signed up on POZIAM today. Posted some pics too. I am under "whoanfigure"..because I was a bozo and forgot the "c". Terry...hopefully we will be able to chat someday. Lori..you should consider it. I talked with Robert and Leonardo just a few minutes ago. Anyway..off to relax.
Love you guys.
bernie

sunflower
Grand Master

#236820 - 02/20/08 09:27 PM

Hey you two -
I got my blood results back - CD4 is 428, up from 387 but down from last summer 460+ - oh well moving in the right direction - I got the results over the phone so have not been able to check the rest of the numbers (%, HDL, LDL, etc).
Today felt like an upswing - went to the gym - stayed focused (for the most part) at work - whew, nice to have a normal day.
Lets see my three for today are: my husband, a good friend at work, and a good workout! (oh yeah - and putting on lotion in the sauna - so warm).
Cheers to you both -
Lor

--------------------
Focus on your potential.

whocanfigure
Guru

#236830 - 02/21/08 01:15 AM

Congrats Lor...that great news!!! My three: pretty party dress, dancing til my feet hurt, amazing Gracie!!!! Love ya all
Bernie

Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
      #236839 - 02/21/08 11:20 AM

Quote:

So if anything..I have a lot more friends and a smile on my face!

SOUNDS LIKE THE PLACE TO BE!

Looking forward to being in da house!

-Gary

sunflower
Grand Master

#236854 - 02/21/08 10:05 PM

My three for today:
letting go of some old anger, going to the gym, buying birdfeed and watching the birds at the feeder outside my window at work.
Cheers -
L

--------------------
Focus on your potential.

marthav

Reged: 08/31/09
      #247325 - 08/31/09 02:21 PM

If your looking for a good time call me 631-889-0962 my name is martha and I'm always ready to go and I'm up for anything!!!
call me anytime

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5521

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3