Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
New_Play

Reged: 06/15/07
A MUST SEE!! - You've got to see this!!
      #227938 - 06/15/07 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL DREAMGIRL AND AIDS ACTIVIST SHERYL LEE RALPH BRINGS ‘SOMETIMES I CRY’ TO LOS ANGELES

LOS ANGELES -- ‘Sometimes I Cry’, a touring one-woman play written and performed by critically acclaimed actress Sheryl Lee Ralph, will be opening at the Hayworth Theatre in Los Angeles on July 8, 2007 at 3:00 p.m. The opening matinee will be followed by additional Sunday matinee showings on Aug 12, 19, and 26. Inspired by real women’s life stories and their daily battle with HIV and AIDS, ‘Sometimes I Cry’ is a thought-provoking show that has given Sheryl Lee Ralph a different kind of recognition.

The show has been performed for thousands of fans in the past two years and will be prominently featured at the 2007 Essence Music festival in New Orleans. Miss Ralph's performance has been met with popular and critical acclaim, and with an outpouring of love, excitement and acceptance.

“It's a brilliant piece of work. I cried. Sheryl Lee has managed to highlight all the major groups of people who are at risk these days. Bravo!” proclaims one admiring fan.

Ms. Ralph may have made her Broadway debut as a world-renowned diva in the original Broadway production of “Dreamgirls”, but today she is using her diverse talents as an actress and writer for a greater cause. In 1990, she created the DIVA Foundation, a national charitable organization in memory of the many friends she has lost to HIV/AIDS. The organization focuses on raising money and coordinating activities to create awareness of, and combat against the deadly HIV/AIDS virus. The DIVA Foundation utilizes music and entertainment as a vehicle to inform, educate and erase the stigma attached to this deadly disease.

By combining words, movement and song, ‘Sometimes I Cry’ is able to shed light on the heartbreaking, yet inspiring stories of women whose lives unravel as they cope with their HIV/AIDS reality. Ms. Ralph strongly believes that “these women’s voices have been silent for too long in the struggle against the disease and must be heard.”
For tickets and further information, please visit www.thehayworth.com or for group tickets please contact The Hayworth Theatre at (213) 389-9860.
You may find more information on Sheryl Lee Ralph and the DIVA Foundation’s Awareness Campaign at www.sherylleeralph.com.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2199

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3