Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
lost2007

Reged: 04/09/07
Dating the HIV negative!
      #226500 - 04/09/07 08:47 PM

I was diagnosed in 2001, decided too date exclusively HIV+, yes it is limiting and does make my options less, but for me the alternative is not a option, remember a case I read about a long time ago, a man HIV+ met and fell in love with a HIV negative lady, he disclosed too her as he should have, and they married and had marital bliss for a few years, but as with all divorces/love breakups, it ended not so happy as it started, and in anger and venom she accused him of not disclosing, his status, it boiled down too "he said she said" and I did not envy his situation facing those 12 jurors when he was brought too trial for "attempted felony murder" and trying too convince them same HIV negative men and women his now angry and bitter wife was not being truthful, and was not lying, needless too say one can guess the outcome, but moral of the story is, had he gotten a "written signed document that he had disclosed" like a pre-nupital agreement it would not have been very romantic but it would have avoided him much heart ache and trouble in the end. I do not judge those who date the HIV negative, know why they do, many just refuse too change their life, or dating habits and choices, not judging or making a real opinion one way or the other, but my advice is "get that disclosure in writing" and like a pre-nuptial agreement it might not be so romantic in the passions of love, but one can surely avoid a true disaster if that infamous thin line between love and hate occurs in the end.., I am sure those who date the HIV negative will view me as nefarious for suggesting such, but it just seems wise too me to not trust everyone too be honest and right. The lady who infected me was a long time HIV+ person, I chalked it up too my own stupidity, did not get vindictive or seek retribution, she is still out there infecting others and likely one day will get arrested when someone less forgiving than me meets her, but I am content in my life too have moved on and even if I have less dating opportunities I have no fear of anyone falsely accusing me...,

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
fortyeightaint

Reged: 05/12/07
Re: Dating the HIV negative! new
      #227064 - 05/12/07 01:46 AM

people have done that with HSV also, and I agree its better to date like

Lorraine

Reged: 07/24/07
Re: Dating the HIV negative! new
      #228895 - 07/24/07 02:11 PM

It is pretty sad that situation, I have been with my partner for 6 years and he is not positive, and I would never consider getting a document of that sort. I think it is a shame that there was no trust in there relationship that he came to that. You have to no the person you are with and are they evil enough to not only tell your status but they are also telling on themselves. Because if they are with someone positive guess what the community thinks that they are also positive. So I feel sorry for the women if she is not, because she would have lots of explaining to do when she dates.

--------------------
*In order to achieve you must first visualize.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3655

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3