HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
LynnB
Regular

Reged: 08/14/06
Loc: Maine
please forgive me
      #203598 - 08/15/06 08:20 PM

I know that I am not supposed to post here because I have not yet been diagnosed with HIV , I am still in the waiting phase it has been about 7 and a half weeks since I was raped. I am still healing and mentally I just don't know. I do have a prominent concern however I have been experiencing a low grade fever for a month straight about 99.4 never higher than that but is this something anyone can remeber happening to them prior to diagnosis or early on in the hiv infection? please help

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jenni
Master

Reged: 11/06/05
Loc: Texas, USA
Re: please forgive me new
      #203611 - 08/15/06 09:26 PM

Anyone is welcome to post here. I am -, but my bf is +. This forum is for anyone whose life is affected by HIV/AIDS.

Waiting is torturous but we are all here to try to ease your concerns and worries.

Being negative, I have no experience with symptoms (my bf never experienced any). From everything that I've learned, I don't think that you should rely on a fever as a form of self-diagnosis. The only way to know for sure is to be tested.

Good luck, feel free to PM me if you need to talk, and please let us all know how things turn out.

--------------------
It's you that I live for and for you that I die.
So I'll lay here with you until the final goodbye

+7 No meds below
Unregistered

Yes. I had encephalitis. new
      #203635 - 08/15/06 10:52 PM

Also, an initial onset of genital herpes.

ai77
Fanatic

Reged: 04/12/06
Loc: California
      #203730 - 08/16/06 04:31 PM

Hi Lynn - Really sorry to hear about your situation. It must be so tough to be in the waiting period. Just a fever could be indicative of so many different things. I had a high fever for about 5 days (hovering around 102) in addition to other symptoms when I had ARS. Please feel free to PM me. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers -

dj1979
Guru

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: rural upstate NY
      #205092 - 08/27/06 09:01 AM

I had the same fever - 101-102 - which wouldn't go away with Tylenol or Advil - for the first 4-5 days of ARS, along with other symptoms.

If you don't know your status, get tested - and practice safe sex anyway!

IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
      #205995 - 09/03/06 11:58 PM

Lynn, so sorry to hear of your situation. It's difficult to be in the waiting stages for something you couldn't control.

I hope you pull through this ok, I'm sure you will. Be strong, and seek councelling to help you get through this difficult time.

Be well.

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#208153 - 09/22/06 08:02 PM

hopefully the fever is just you worrying your self sick. drink plenty of fluids as to not dehydrate. your symptoms does not say yes or no you have the fever. live one day at a time and don't stress. Stress is the enemy to even healty people. Talking helps a punching bag anything that is active and relieves stress. DON'T LET WONDERING TRAP YOU AND KEEP YOU FROM LIVING.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5937

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3