Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

oldest daughter with Hiv
      #20243 - 08/02/01 04:54 PM

Hi! everyone I'm a 28 year single mom with a young lil girl and i was just diagnosed with HIV positive 2 weeks ago. the news that was given to me were devestated. the first thing that came to my mind was my little girl, my mother and my youngest sister. i think of how am i going to tell my family what would my family think of me. Coming from a hispanic family they would never understand HIV. I thought to my self after 2 different Hiv test how could this happen to me I'm only 28 years old and only had 2 sex partners i my life this can't be. I'm scared just to think that i could die and leave my little girl all alone. i'm scared to touch her and let her hug me i guess because i don't know to much about this desease. i still have to go to a doctor and have my t-cell count i haven't experience non of the side effects of the desease like loss of weight instead i think i have gain a couple of pounds. Something funny happend to me when i went for my secound test i met a gay couple that have been living with this for 15 years that really gave me hope. i pray every night and ask god to let me live until my lil girl is old enough to watch for herself. Now my secound biggest concern is my mother how will her and my sister take it, or should i even tell them? this news has changed my life completely and i know that this is also going to change my lil girls life as well. i really need to here from mothers living with HIV. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: oldest daughter with Hiv new
      #20692 - 08/10/01 06:06 PM

The Body suggests this resource. One moment, please.

Nony
Unregistered

Clicking on above link takes you to website new
      #23285 - 10/12/01 05:11 PM

FYI: clicking on the above response will take you to the website www.questionaids.com.

kg1197
Unregistered

#23481 - 10/17/01 02:05 PM

hey girl,
I know its going to be tough but you will be ok. I am 29 years old and was diagnosed 10 years ago. There are many women living with HIV that are living normal lives. the first thing you need to do is get yourself some support. If you want to chat you can email me at kg1197@aol

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24072 - 11/01/01 01:30 AM

I'am a 30 year old, single mother, and I also happen to be my mother's oldest daughter. I was just diagnosed in early September as Hiv Positive, then unbelievibly with Aids in early October, fortunately for me my mother has stood by my side through this, hopefully your mother's love for you as her daughter with help her and you deal with this. A mother's love for her children is stronger than any thing that I have ever known. I don't believe that there is anything stronger. Don't let your fear hold you down and don't blame your self for this situation, This is not something that I wanted in my life so I'am not going to let it control me and neither should you, your daughter cannot get this from you giving her a hug, or from you kissing her as all mothers' kiss their children, or from drinking from the same glass, or sharing the same towel or from holding her because she simply needs her mother to hold her, take my advice enjoy your child now, do everything you always have and more with her, for me my time with my children has been altered and without warning ,within one month I could no longer be the one who comforts them when they even have a simple cold or the flu because their illness is life threatening for me to have them to be at home with me and when they are sick I have to ask my mother to take care of them so that I don't get the infection. My children are 9, 10 and 12 years old. It is so hard for me not to be there except by phone when one of them is sick. While you are still able love your child because children are our greatest joys in life. And I know that we are in a time when science will soon be able to stop the progression of our disease or maybe even cure it.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3648

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3