Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where to start
      #198827 - 07/05/06 12:11 AM

If your told by your boyfriend past lover that you need to take a HIV/AIDS test do you run and do it or do you think thats just scary talk into breaking up with your boyfriend so they can have a chance to get him back? well what ever the reason it scares me enough to get tested. I think my boyfriend is denying it, for he never wants to go get tested. I am a signal parent of one and will be destroy if Im tested positive. we talk in the past I showed my medical history and he told me about his past we talk for 3mos. before we dated and wore prtection in the beging of are relationship. It wasn't till further in our relationship we talked about children and how he had none, I even did my background check to make sure this guy was real but I guess I didn't go to deep for whats now place on my plate. he now act suspecious and lies about his relations with his ex. Im scared and angry but I have to think for my child and our future which ever it may be, but I hoping its HIV- Im talking brave now I hope I can deal with the final outcome. Are there any mothers going or dealing with this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
Re: Where to start new
      #198840 - 07/05/06 09:08 AM

Either way, you should never think that it is nothing and not take one. If there is any suspision that you may need to take a test and you and your boyfriend have had unprotected sex, why would you not do it. It is not something you should take lightly. As a mother, I know how it is that you want the best for your children but you should also want the best for yourself and that is to know your status.
If you are this unsure of this man you are dating and not sure of where the relationship is going, you may want to stay protected and stop and think before the thought of kids.
Good luck

Anonymous
Unregistered

#198873 - 07/05/06 11:14 AM

i knew someone who was in your situation and it turned out that the ex was telling the truth, but unfortunately it was a little late for her because she too thought the ex told her this because she wanted him for herself. so what i would suggest to you as a start is this: bring up the subject casually ( try not to be judgemental or defensive) and suggest to go get tested together. if he agrees cool, if not YOU have the right to get tested and keep yourself healthy and safe. good luck to you! :)

Momchild

Reged: 07/04/06
      #198918 - 07/05/06 05:08 PM

Thanks for the encouragement and yes I will take the test but I want to get myself mentally and spiritually ready for whatever may come. I have to look at the big picture and focus on the importatnt things around me such as my child and my health but number one on my list is my spiritually it wil be my strength when I feel there no one around to comfort me but till then I will keep a positive attitude for God did not promise me today or tomorrow but if so I will live and be glad.
Thanks once again for your thoughts, I do feel theres people out there besides me and my town. Keeping you all in preyer.

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #198938 - 07/05/06 07:13 PM

You are on my prayer list, we are here for you honey!
SF

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4014

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3