Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

colposcopy?
      #196452 - 06/17/06 01:43 AM

Hi...Hey has anyone gotten an abnormal pap and had a colposcopy?? I had one yesterday...UGH! They biopsied my cervix...OUCH! today I am just uncomfortable...waiting for results. I know HPV is present - will probably be something to watch over time....Does anyone else get tired of going to the DR??? I feel I am going all the time - just started meds 2 weeks ago - have a rash but luckily no other problems.
Also - Tomorrow I am walk/running a 1/2 marathon - anyone else here a runner/walker?
Cheers to a good race and positive results (and to a healed cervix...eeeeshhh)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: colposcopy? new
      #198113 - 06/28/06 05:44 PM

Hope everything worked out for you and you did well in the race!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#198167 - 06/29/06 12:04 AM

Thank you - The race was great - a gorgeous day for it! It was the Mayor's Midnight Sun race in Anchorage AK - and the test results came back as expected...something to watch over time...more frequent paps and see if the meds help in anyway. I read on another post that it is polite and protocol to introduce yourself on these - ooops - so here goes - I am a 43 yr old engineer living in AK - I found out I was HIV+ last year (March) when I had acute retroviral response (is that the correct name??). My CD4s dropped below 200 this May so only about 16 months after exposure....I was/am bummed that I am not in the "average" of waiting 8 to 10 years before needing treatment. AND I have not been too emotional about the diagnosis - altho....I sure am tired alot and sometimes my heart feels like it is dragging - I don't think it is related but has more to do with just not knowing what I want to do with my life overall...
So treatment is Truvada and Sustiva - the first night on Sustiva was wild - felt like psychotic drugs (or what I expect them to be like...whoa...hahahah) but besides a rash I have not had any other side effects - YEA!
that's all....

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #198202 - 06/29/06 09:16 AM

Nice to meet you, maybe think about registering on this site so we can pm you too!
Hang in there..
SF

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #198205 - 06/29/06 09:22 AM

Can you tell us what a colposcopy is?

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Anonymous
Unregistered

#198288 - 06/29/06 11:49 PM

Hi Bear - I have read you many times - well - a colposcopy is when they find questionable cells during a pap smear so they wipe down your cervix with vinegar to make unusual cells show up better (they may use a special light, I can't remember and you can watch on a computer screen..I couldn't watch for long....I just don't feel a huge need to see my cervix)and then they take a biopsy of the spot that has the highest signs of unusual cells - dysplasia?? something like that. Since cervical, vulvar, and vaginal cancer take quite a while to progress (years) the cells typically don't show up as precancerous or cancerous very often and require ongoing observation. HPV, which is common, is one of the leading causes of these cells changing and turning into cancer - AND since being HIV makes it hard to fight HPV, they (drs) tend to want to test more often. Good lord, I have been reading WAY too much! hahahahha and probably gave a much longer answer than you asked for.....

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #198330 - 06/30/06 08:26 AM

Thank you for that. Its good to be well informed about your health proceedures.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5534

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3