Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
JADO89@cs.com
Unregistered

Lowest Risk Tested +
      #18050 - 05/28/01 08:24 PM

I have been married for 12 years and have 2 children. Both myself & my husband have remained faithful for the whole of our marriage. Neither of us have had blood transfusions or used intravenous drugs.

My husband tested negative two years ago.

On April 19, I took a pregnancy test which turned out to be positive.

On May 23, I was informed that I had tested positive for the HIV virus.

I immediately connected it back to OZFest 2000 (a very hard rock concert). During the concert, after having several drinks and feeling really good, I was walking thru the grass barefoot. I stepped on something that poked my foot.

It did not cut my foot, but it did cause a drop of blood on the bottom of my foot.

Being in the low risk group that we were in, it did not even occur to either of us to go to the hospital, or even that I could have been infected. Talk about ignorance!!!!

The minute the doctor said that I tested positive, I told him about the incident. In my heart I know that's where this whole ordeal began.

I just wonder how many people in a low risk catagorie have been infected in about the same way as myself.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Lowest Risk Tested + new
      #18069 - 05/29/01 04:39 PM

It's unlikely this infected you. Did you have unprotected sex before your marriage??? It could be someone from back then.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18075 - 05/29/01 05:23 PM

The only other person I had sex with was when I was 15. That was 16 years ago. I was told that this wouldn't be the cause. It was too long ago.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18092 - 05/30/01 09:37 AM

Did you step on a needle/syringe? Is this how you think you became infected? It's definitely possible, unfortunately.

JADO
Unregistered

#18093 - 05/30/01 09:46 AM

Thank you...I do believe it was a needle/syringe. There was no cut or open wound on my foot, but husband saw a droplet of blood.

The National Aids Hotline said that the possibility of it being this, though it's not great, is still there.

It is the only exposure I have had. We've been over it a million times at this point.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18096 - 05/30/01 12:16 PM

Why was your husband tested 2 years ago?

JADO
Unregistered

#18115 - 05/30/01 09:35 PM

He's a Persian Gulf Vet. Everytime he has blood work at the VA, they test him. This happens every two years or so.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#19660 - 07/23/01 07:31 PM

Is your husband still negative?

Charlie25
Unregistered

If you're infected wouldn't your partner... new
      #22815 - 09/28/01 05:40 PM

eventually get it? Say you did somehow get it back when you were 15, is it possible this whole time your husband never contracted it? The reason I ask is that I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend of 2 years even during 'that time' when there was blood and etc. and he tested negative every time he was tested (2x in 2yrs, sole proprietor for his insurance). I thought this may be a good indicator that I didn't have it but was I completely kidding myself? I'm getting tested monday.. thanks. Charlie25

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5226

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3