Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Bronzelady
Unregistered

Pregnant & Scared --Support Needed--
      #175642 - 02/17/06 11:05 AM

I just found out I'm pregnant and while I'm so happy to be able to have the child I thought would never happen due to my hiv status . I'm also scared of the unknown. I would love to talk to others who have experianced the same things..please feel free to reply to me here or at my email address (bronzelady2004@yahoo.com). I'm also seeking a support group in the Charlotte , NC area ..thanks in advance

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Donna

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: NY
Re: Pregnant & Scared --Support Needed-- new
      #175679 - 02/17/06 02:46 PM

HI!, I understand you being scared I was diagnosed as being HIV+ when I was 25 weeks pregnant, I had no idea before then, but my daughter was born healthy and negative, with proper, meds and doing everything your DR tells you things should work out fine... if you want to talk you can register and PM or e-mail me at donnao2003@yahoo.com

Brandy
Guru

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Oklahoma,USA
      #176302 - 02/21/06 01:59 PM

I also had childern while poz and they are neg the meds around are great and as was said just do what the doctors says and ALWAYS take your meds and things should be just fine, my thoughts are with you and your baby hon take care, and let us know how things go.

--------------------
take care and be sooooo safe love,
Brandy

Live in the Moment!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#176660 - 02/22/06 11:20 PM

Congradulations! I was in your shoes about two years ago. My baby boy is health, fat and HIV-negative. What helped me was the medicine I took during my pregnacy. It was Kaletra the liquid form. Plus, I had support from my neighbors and the doctors at the hospital. My mother was upset - one I'm a single mother and two she didn't like who the father was. I had a sisiter-in-law who told me that I was selfish, wrong to maybe pass a sickness to an innocent child and that I should have an abortion. I made it through by a lot of praying and going to church. I think the more I talked to God the better I felt. I will pray with you so that you WILL have a health baby boy or girl. Your in my prays and my support and love is there for you.

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #176709 - 02/23/06 08:59 AM

Congratulations on the little one. I found out about my status 7 months ago but track it down to when I got pregnant with my daughter. She is now 8 and happy and healthy. When I got my diagnosis I was so scared to have her checked. I thank my lucky stars. I am now married and have thought many times about having a child for my husband and am still a little concerned and worried and not quite sure what will happen but I know there are meds to help if I do decide to do it. Work closely with you ID and take your meds. Good luck.

BronzeLady
Unregistered

#178450 - 03/05/06 12:06 PM

Thank you all for the emails, posts and prayers there aren't enough words to express my gratitude. Mommy and baby are doing well. I'm now 4 months and on the proper meds and praying daily to thank God for this blessing and to ask him to keep my baby safe. I'll cotinue to update each of you and will share the outcome which I have faith will be a positive one.

Love
BL

BronzeLady
Unregistered

#205035 - 08/26/06 12:00 PM

Hello friends,

I wanted everyone to know I am now the proud parent of a HEALTHY & NEGATIVE baby. I had an undetectable VL during my entire pregnancy, took Combivir & Viracept during pregnancy and had an AZT IV during delivery and wanted each of you to know having a NEGATIVE baby is possible. I am proof God does answer prayers. Thanks to each of you for the support !!!!!

BL

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #205055 - 08/26/06 07:00 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Enjoy that little bundle of joy!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6666

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3