HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Valerie257

Reged: 03/18/01
Loc: New York City
Spirited spiritual women living with HIV
      #16719 - 03/18/01 01:13 PM

I know you're out there.
Let’s find each other for a weekly support group in Manhattan/downtown Brooklyn.
Rather than a group leader, a weekly “designated driver” chosen/volunteering from among group members.
Time and place TBD, suggestions welcome.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Amy
Unregistered

Re: Spirited spiritual women living with HIV new
      #16964 - 03/26/01 02:30 PM

Hi Valerie,
It's great to hear that there are women in the area looking to gather for fun. I may have recently been infected, my partner is testing this week, and I'm testing at the end of April. It makes me feel good to know that this resource is out there. (I live about 30 minutes West of Manhattan.) I may be getting in touch for some spiritual solace and hopefully some good laughs.

I admire you're willingness to keep on going. If I'm positive, I'm hoping that will be the road I choose. Check that, IT WILL be the road I choose.
Amy

Valerie257

Reged: 03/18/01
Loc: New York City
      #16966 - 03/26/01 04:54 PM

Amy, I hope that you and your partner get the results you desire.
You sound ready for whatever is next. We always go on, one way or another. Sometimes we get to chose whether to dance or crawl, but forward is the only option.
FYI I was for a long time in a positive/negative relationship -- if that should turn out to be your case let me know; I'll be glad to share what I learned.
Valerie

Amy
Unregistered

#16988 - 03/27/01 11:01 AM

Thanks Valerie. I'll definitely be in touch with more information. Were you the positive partner and he was negative or vice versa? The person that may have infected me is separated from his wife; whether he's positive or not, I know he's getting back together with his wife. If it's right for him, that's what I think should be.

But my biggest fear in all this is if I test positive, I'm afraid of being alone. I have a lot of great friends, but I'm really scared that it would be hard to find someone, relationship-wise, to accept positive status. Do you date? I hope I'm not being too personal...please tell me if I am.
Amy

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17459 - 04/18/01 09:29 PM

i wanted to know what are the symptoms for woman who become hiv infected and do you know of any body that tested pos. w/in the first 90 days to 6 mths or do you known of anyone becoming infected from a relationship from 2/12 yrs ago

LRUNNINGSCARE
Unregistered

#17495 - 04/20/01 11:37 AM

DEAR VALERIE257 PLZ HELP ME I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE REPLY U ARE SEEKING BUT I DO NEED TO TALK TO A WOMAN WHO IS HIV+ I HAVD A YEAST INFECTION BACK IN JUNE AN UNUSUAL YEAST INFECCTION CUZ CREATED PAIN IT WOULD NOT GO AWAY I LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT A LOT OF WEIGHT AND CRIED EVERYDAY BEEN TESTED SEVERAL TIMES ALL NEG THE ENCOUNTER HAPPEN BACK IN JUNE I DID GAIN MY WEIGHT BACK BUT LOSS DEFINTION IN MY FACE WHICH IS VERY SMALL NOW I KNOW THERE HAVE TO BE SOME SYSTOMS IN WOMAN THAT IS DIFFERENT FROM MEN PLZ TELL ME WHAT OR THEY AND IF YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE THAT WAS INFECTED AND TESTED - WITHIN THAT WINDOW THEY KEEP TALKING ABT 90 DAYS TO 6 MTHS IS IT TRUE ARE IS IT SOMETHING THEY WANT YOU TO BELIVE DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU FIRST GOT INFECTED PLZ HELP ME IM LOST MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW PLZ HELP

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17512 - 04/21/01 10:33 AM

you should see a doctor. i cannot give you any medical advice. hiv infection is not the end of the world, you know. but if the question is making you crazy, the answer will be the beginning of sanity. please do not contact me again about such matters. blessings and good luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17513 - 04/21/01 10:39 AM

just saw your post. yes i date. when i was married i was the one with the virus, not he. dating is hard, but when isn't it? hiv is the most amazing chaperone. the responses i've received to disclosure of my status have ranged from the guy running away to not caring to falling even more deeply in love.
blessings and good luck

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17514 - 04/21/01 10:41 AM

you should see a doctor. i have no medical advice to give. please do not ask me about such things in the future.
blessings and good luck

Amy
Unregistered

#17550 - 04/23/01 04:55 PM

Thank you. Thank you for the hope. I know it won't be easy, but it's good to hear that others manage to move on and find love...I'm not afraid to die or be sick (yet), I'm afraid of being alone, without a partner. Thank you so much for responding.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#32317 - 04/18/02 06:31 PM

Hi Valerie,
My name is Maritza Im originally living in boston, I have three boys one is no longer w/us he died in Oct 13, 1995 he was only 23 months old to tell you the truth I have and I think will never get over losing him but I know that God has been my strength and that someday I will see him again.

I have been planning to start a support group for christian women but nothing has become of it I wish you were closer to me and likewise but we do need to reach out to each other there is strenght in numbers.

I have been comtemplating to moving to new york, and maybe going to art school, I was born and raise in the bronx but i would like to live in a decent area maybe lower manhatten or a nicer area.

Can you please e-mail me back and give me some suggestions about my relocationg to new york and what services I can tap in to for housing and other services so I can move to new york.

please keep in touch, a new friend,

Maritza,........write back soooooooooonnn

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8199

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3