Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

small town versus city
      #160077 - 09/15/05 01:51 PM

Is support in a city a lot better then a small town? It seems a small town everyone know your business and it is hard to get support. Which is better?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: small town versus city new
      #160092 - 09/15/05 05:46 PM

Of course a city. The bigger, the better cause there are tons of resources. In nyc for instance there are a variety of groups for HIV positive heterosexuals, so you have choices. There are also lots of different pos gay groups. Plus women's groups, plus hispanic groups plus black groups...same in SF and LA...and Chicago and somewhat the same in Florida. But in small towns it's awful.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160435 - 09/22/05 07:08 AM

I'm guessing "city" becuase I live in a pretty small town. Not small enough that anyone at all knows my business - but the support isn't there either. Support groups fail and close down routinely here (except for gay male groups - but there is not one woman's group meeting) and there is only one infectious disease doctor (and I can't stand him). I moved a little bit farther away - and it turns out I'm near an outreach clinic from Albany NY - and WOW! New doctors, therapists, a dentist - all specializing in HIV. And they are wonderful. Specialized service and support seems to be very important and not common in small towns.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160472 - 09/22/05 08:04 PM

I live near Albany, Saratoga to be exact. I go to the clinic on Hackett. My doctor is Dr. Fish. They are supposed to be the best.

I would like to speak with someone near me that is in the same situation as me

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3040

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3