The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Caramel
Unregistered

Full Blown Black Woman. Lookin for friends.
      #159085 - 08/24/05 11:56 PM

Just 4 months ago I found out I have gone to full blown status after being HIV positive for an estimate of 13 years. Considering I am only in my early 30's. So I have lost out on so much in life yet I have gained alot. Im a professional african american woman who manages to work full time and run a business. Just lookin to really connect with some people for internet chat, hanging out with, and to travel with. If you are sincere please email me at sistanla@yahoo.com I just need some people to talk to. All these years the only people that know I am sick is my ex-husband who is negative and my mom. I just need some folks to be around that I can be myself

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Stefsorg
Unregistered

Re: Full Blown Black Woman. Lookin for friends. new
      #159113 - 08/25/05 12:52 PM

Hi
My name is Stef. I have had this for over 6 yrs and am living in the closet as well, it's lonely. I am about to start meds. Have you started meds yet? Why are you full blown? Please email me psorgio@yahoo.com

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #159131 - 08/25/05 03:20 PM

Hey Carmel,
How are you?? I too have been poz for 12 yrs. also work full time, raising 2 kids (teenager and toodler....fool that I am, *smile*). I dont know where you are from, but would love to chat more.
much love to you,
debbie

tootoo

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: union county NJ
      #159146 - 08/25/05 11:28 PM

Hello Caramel hello debbie and hello to everyone else .I just find it very interesting this idea to meet some new freinds ;i 've been devorce for seven years and been alone since.As everyone knows i do support relation between positive pple instead of mixed pos -neg wich i consider embarass some how .Anyway i congratulate Caramel for this suggestion and if u need freinds u have one in New jersey .
Deb i was in Boston for a week and i feel sorry i didn't get in touch with u ,i appreciate ur comments and toughts so very much....Love to all

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #159162 - 08/26/05 02:44 PM

sorry i missed you in boston. Ever plan on taking a trip again up here be sure and let me know!!
when I was first diagnosed, I think I would have preferred to have just a poz/poz relationship. but when 2 people meet under great circumstances and just really click, and truly care about one anohter.....its hard to find real love as it is. and I dont feel as though being loved or giving love should be limited simply because of a diagnosis.
take care ladies. tootoo...hopefully you'll make your way to boston again. and we'll hang out!!

later girls
debbie

tootoo

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: union county NJ
      #159188 - 08/27/05 12:21 AM

Hi everyone , Hi bebbie ;
U know ,i always look for a reason to laugh and i just get home from work and ur last message put a smile on my face ,that makes me feel good ,thank u for ur kindness Deb ,i will keep u inform in my next visit ,Peace ,tootoo

LindaMac
Unregistered

#159459 - 09/02/05 01:00 AM

Silence and secrecy can be deadly. I try to make it a point to tell at least one person a day that I'm positive. It is such a burden to carry that load of secret. Let it out. Most people are no longer ignorant. Some people have a relative with this disease by now. Speak out. Be free. Live your life. If there is rejection, you didn't need them in your life anyway.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159469 - 09/02/05 01:15 PM

Someone once said: "If you have friends you don't need a psychiatrist." Can I be counted as one friend whom you have told today? I'd like that!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159584 - 09/06/05 11:30 AM

Hi I just wanted to let you know that there is no shame in having AIDS! I have been living with this for the last 14 years. I gave birth to a healthy little boy 10 years ago and life could not be better. I work full time as well and I am also tryingto start my own business. Both my Husband and son are HIV-.......... There is life after AIDS, I know I live it everyday and so should you, Stay strong and put your faith in your higher power

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159701 - 09/08/05 11:51 AM

Hi how are you doing !!

Michele Daniels
Unregistered

#159756 - 09/09/05 10:46 AM

Hello, my name is Michele Daniels and I live in Memphis TN. Single with one daughter and two sons. I work a full time job in HIV/Aids Outreach. I'm originally from Newark, N.J and I was looking for people who know who they are and can stand in there own shoes. There are many people who are positive in Memphis and live in denial with makes it differcult to stop the spread. However I know there has got to be someone in this world who is real and want to meet with others who feel the same way. So who ever is out there please let me know you're out there.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160253 - 09/19/05 03:52 PM

what's your email address?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160463 - 09/22/05 06:07 PM

Michelle:

What's your email address?
Karen

babygirl

Reged: 10/03/05
      #161065 - 10/03/05 07:02 PM

we all need someone we can trust to talk to about anything and everything,and lets get real not everyone can handle the fact a friend or family member has hiv or aids. my only family is my hiv family at 13km.com, and of course now tootoo is a part of my life (love ya boo), anyone want to chat with me im cool with that hit me back at i_can_be_your_baby@msn.com, I am 40 since july 25th and was aids since 2001, 15 years under my belt and still going strong with 633 cd4's and undetectable at last count, my husband is neg and we have been seperated for over 3 years now(he is abusive in every form of the word) I don't have an address on him and his girlfriend won't let me have it so I changed my number and have it unlisted so he can't call to harrass me no more all I want is a divorce from him, but it will cost me a little over 500$ to get 1 through the news paper. my real family has never been close to one another so they were never there for me but you know you can't miss what you never had right? but its all good I have 2 grown children and 1 soon to be 11 who is the light of my life. take care all.

ThePoet
Unregistered

#161068 - 10/03/05 07:21 PM

Caramel,

I just fowarded you my email address if having a pen friend overseas is okay with you. I hope so. Best wishes.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9192

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3