Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
malias90

Reged: 05/25/05
concerned on many issues
      #156891 - 07/06/05 08:23 PM

I was diagnosed with Encephalitis. I have no memory of childhood and forward. Has anyone or who you have known had HIV Encephalitis w/severe memory loss. A research group doing HIV and Neuropsychological and the effect HIV has on the brain, anyone familar with this and will it have an affect or just research?
Now, it really really happened and I need to know if anyone has or known who has experienced this. I have seizures and more frequently lately (Feb, Apr and July). I had one this past week and my friend here said I was out for about 5 minutes. During that 5 minutes, I saw a bright, warm light surrounding me and someone's hands out for me to grab. I then faintly and then stronger calls of my Name which my friend was saying to get me back...I swear this really happened and I need help understanding things...I am an really intuitive person and I feel like I am saying Goodbye to people in a sense when I see them lately...like it's the last time I will see them...
I'd appreciate anyone's help...Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
spiritzone2
Grand Master

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: PORTLAND ROCKS !!
Re: concerned on many issues new
      #157153 - 07/13/05 03:55 AM

hello: i will only be able to respond to a few concerns. I am not a woman or a man: you know how female's are genetically XX and male's are XY; well I am XXY. I too, because of complications due to AIDS have and do experience memory issues. Sometimes it really trips you up. Please allow me to suggest some nutritional suppliments that have greatly helped me. 250mg L-Carnatine/ once a day in the morning. This is an amino-acid and has absolutely made a cognative upswing in my short-term memory loss. Ginko Biloba is also suggested, i don't myself use that because it kicks up the 'ol heart a bit but i know people who swear by it. The brain swelling {encephalitis} would cause seizures and strange feelings. Trust your feelings. Use your inner wisdom THAT YOU FEEL to do whatever you need to do. Believe in yourself, LOVE yourself. um, the HIV virus does have the ability to pass through the blood/brain barrier that most things do not. So i suggest you allow the Neuropsychological research to use you as a test subject because the possibility is high that you will be helped and the possibility is higher that someone else will be helped. I say: go for it. I myself have participated in many drug trials and i think it's a good thing. There is a new emerging science called: PSYCHONEURO-IMMUNOLOGY {PNI} that is quite interesting. I suggest you go online and learn everything you can about this facinating branch of science. It is right down your alley, so to speak. There is a book you might start with called "The Healer Within" by Steven Locke, MD & Douglas Colligan. This book has helped me and was a begining point of my finding new ways to heal myself + gain valuable attitudes that have helped me in healing. PsychoneuroImmunology shows astounding ways that emotions and attitudes, both negative and positive, affect health and treatment of illness. It explores the mind's influence on physical states and the communications between the nervous & immune system, connections between personality types & dis-ease, effects of brain behavior &j psychological stress on our immune systems, how the body woks against itself in AIDS, cancer, arthritis, athma, etc., And also explores biofeedback, hypnosis, exercise, and visualizations: all of which i use in my life. We are chemical beings. Surely you've noticed when you're angry, chemicals are produced in your body that are not condusive to healing. I like to sing. My singing voice is scary but I don't care. When we sing, chemicals are produced in our bodies that help with healing. I like to sing in the shower and frankly, i don't care what the neighbors think. Think happy thoughts & sing, sing, sing

--------------------
OUR FOCUS DETERMINES OUR REALITY.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2678

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3