Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Toto
Unregistered

I'm an HIV mother looking for friends
      #1565 - 04/02/00 10:38 PM

Hi there,
I'm an HIV mother looking for friends to share thoughts, stories and encouragement with. Why don't you contact me.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Herb
Unregistered

Re: I'm an HIV mother looking for friends new
      #1566 - 04/02/00 10:38 PM

Why don't you contact me. Please write me back because I would like share my thoughts and stories with you also. hpool@pdq.net

Anonymous
Unregistered

My mother has much in common with you new
      #1567 - 04/02/00 10:40 PM

Hi,
I think my mother would love to share her experiences and miracles with you. I'm her daughter. She doesn't know how to use the computer so when you email her put in the subject box "Mother" so I can give it to her. I hope this will be a way of counseling for the both of you. Awaiting a response.

Anna
Unregistered

#1568 - 04/02/00 10:42 PM

I can't believe noone's responded to you yet! I'm a + mom. 38 w/a negative 1 year old. I'm still lacking a little sleep over here as a result of teething, but my son is truly a blessing as I'm sure your child(ren) are.

I get by by taking my meds (not that I can deal with the physical side effects, - i.e. nausea, but can't deal so good with the big breasts and waist and thin arms, legs and face), working, and I may even get a vacation this year (that would be novel). But I do feel isolated. It was a rough path having a baby and I got a lot of support but I do want another one and my family doesn't want me to. I'm asymptomatic w/good (not great) t-cells, but I have a family full of control-freaks. I do worry about it, though, because I was SO SICK when I was pregnant -- all 9 months -- on the AZT and wouldn't have the compazine they've since given me for the nausea when I'd be pregnant. I don't know-- big decision.

But it's important for me to live life as I would if I wasn't positive-- and that means getting a live in playmate for my son.

How old are your kids?

Any hints on teething for a restless kid over here?

Care
Unregistered

#1569 - 04/02/00 10:43 PM

Hello. I just found this post and wanted to respond because I am an hiv positive mother of two. I have been hiv positive for 11 years. I found out 3 days before my 19th birthday in 1988. On Feb 3, 2000 it will be 12 years. Both of my children were born positive for the antibodies but sero converted around 6 months of age and are both negative. They are my biggest blessing besides the fact that for the first 11 years I did wonderful. I am still doing well but I started taking medications for the first time "consistently" this year. I am taking sustiva and combivir with CD4s going from 227 to currently 477 and viral load from 3700 (<~~that is correct) to < 20.
I wanted to share two things with you one being my homepage:
http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/Caresurvivinghiv1
and
if you like to chat there is an hiv/aids chat room on www.yahoo.com chat/health/aids & hiv room.
Hope to hear from you, until then take care!
Care/Stormee269@yahoo.com

desperate

Reged: 08/22/00
      #8874 - 08/25/00 11:34 AM

HEY ME TO SEND ME YOUR EMAIL THREW PRIVATE MESS. ID LOVE TO BE YOUR PENPAL OR ANY ONE ELSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO TALK. ALL RESPONSES TO THIS GO STRAIGHT TO MY REAL EMAIL ADD. HOPE TO HERE FROM YA

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5222

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3