Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
malias90

Reged: 05/25/05
HIV+ and Encephalitis of the Brain
      #153387 - 05/25/05 09:16 PM

I started meds 2 weeks ago (Truvada & Viramune) due to having 2 seizures since February 2005 and specifically abnormal spinal fluid (abundance of white blood cells), EEG irregularities (2nd seizure happened during EEG) and being HIV+. I have no memory of my past and my recall abilites have been severly affected. My doctors 'hope' is that the HIV meds will help with the encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) but there are no guarantees.
My questions are...has anyone had nausea, headaches, numbing of arms and legs, etc with Viramune and Truvada? If so, is it constant or does it go away after you take it for a while? Has anyone dealt with encephalitis and HIV +?
I am trying to decide if it's worth taking anymore....This is as you can imagine is the hardest decision to make. If I quit taking the meds, I will get really sick and you know the rest...If I keep taking them, I 'feel' like I will continue to be sick and that's not living to me...My doctors of course are wanting me to exhaust all resources before making this decision but there has been so much simultaneously that I have had to deal with, it's very hard to be positive and have the faith. Please help, I welcome it and need it....

Thanks much...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: HIV+ and Encephalitis of the Brain new
      #153389 - 05/25/05 09:26 PM

Hey Malias,
I've known alot of people who have wound up having ensephilitis due to the progression of the disease. (Are you talking about PML?) And I used to believe that "wow" once you get that low and brain functionality starts to be affected, is that the end of it? (Or should I say...the beginning of the real problems). this was over 2 yrs ago, and these patients are now able to do and care for themselves again. and I know it was because of their meds, and being consistant, and faithful to them. Trust in that....you can make it better, of course you should confinue to fight? why give in, or give up...the medications really do help and will make things better.
Have you been diagnosed with PML?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV+ and Encephalitis of the Brain new
      #154411 - 05/26/05 04:21 PM

Hi...What is PML? All I know is that my Neurologist/Primary diagnosed enchephalitis and epilepsy...???

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2912

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3