Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
CDF
Unregistered

I found out two weeks ago I have HIV
      #1419 - 04/02/00 08:17 PM

I found out about 2 weeks ago, just before Thanksgiving that I am HIV+, I took one of those home tests and really thought when I called it would be negative. The only reason I took it is because I was in the store and it caught my eye, I didn't really think I had anything to worry about! I was wrong, having been to a doctor I found out that I am positive but not sick enough to be but on medications yet. My main concern is telling one of my ex boyfriends, I've told the majority of them, but there is one I can't bring myself to tell. He is very religious, and very close to his family and I think if he's positive his family may cause problems for me, whether with my family, job, etc... Of course I could be totally paranoid, I haven't been thinking clearly for obvious reasons. I have maintained close friendships with most of my ex's though not all, the ones I did tell are no longer my friends with the exception of two. I am so scared to tell him, and I'm thinking of not. I know I shouldn't NOT tell him, because if he is positive I want him to get treatment. But I don't know what the consequenses are going to be. I could really use some advice. Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Karen
Unregistered

Re: I found out two weeks ago I have HIV new
      #1420 - 04/02/00 08:18 PM

Hi cdf:

It's the hardest thing you can do--tell guys. There is a way you could tell him and protect yourself. You could have the health dept. send him a note. They have a notification project. Or you could type him a note that a woman he has been with was recently diagnosed with HIV and that he would be advised to get tested. It IS important to protect yourself since there is discrimination. GOOD LUCK! And write me here and let me know if this helps!
Karen

CDF
Unregistered

Re: I found out two weeks ago I have HIV new
      #1421 - 04/02/00 08:18 PM

Thanks Karen,
I still haven't decided how I'm going to tell him, but I know I will, I'll keep you updated on how I do it, and how it goes...

cdf

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2940

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3