Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Melissa Venner
Unregistered

Has anyone else stopped taking meds
      #1400 - 04/02/00 08:02 PM

Just stopped medications after 3 years and numerous problems. Is there anyone else who has decided to stop? I am extremely frustrated and see this as the only relief right now.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Franny
Unregistered

Re: Has anyone else stopped taking meds new
      #1401 - 04/02/00 08:03 PM

I went off for nine months this year and felt just great. Was able to work full time. The dr. has recently told me "they" have decided it's not good to remain off indefinitely, so I am trying out Combivir. We'll see how it goes.

I think there is something to be said about eating and sleeping when you want, not worrying about medication, refills, ADAP hassles, etc. I've been through all the drugs and mostly misery with them. Not sick from Combivir so far, but I'm skeptical whether drugs help at all and the jury is still out.

Beginning my ninth year since serocoversion, hoping to live long enough to raise my kids!

franny
ooooxoxoox

Candyboo
Unregistered

#44427 - 11/21/02 10:53 AM

Read your profile and the worst thing you can do is not take your meds because you will get sick. I have been poz for 9 yrs and I know. Once I stopped taking my meds, I got sick and the last time I was sick I was on life support and almost died. Take your meds so that you can be undetectable and live longer. Please email me if you have more problems. I am here to help our sisters and brothers who are struggling with this disease. My email is candyboo28@hotmail.com

Candyboo
Unregistered

#44430 - 11/21/02 10:56 AM

Please take your meds your life depends on it. I am hiv+ for nine years and I know what I am talking about. Please email me if you have anymore problems. candyboo28@hotmail.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3144

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3