Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
cd4 & viral load....no meds
      #139779 - 04/07/05 04:27 PM

Hi Everyone, I really just wanted to share my news. I have been poz for 12 yrs, and started meds soon after I found out (which was 11 yrs ago). I've taken a couple different combos since then to find the right one, but I did. Then per the advise of some docs that I work for, I stopped the meds, after 7 yrs of waking up and saying..."this is my life..forever, if you want to live longer you have to take these" so I did, without question.
then all of a sudden...you can stop now..so, I always watched what happened to other patients in our clinic. After about 6 weeks your viral load will get super high, and then will start to decline, and kind of teeter in that area for a while. so of course my first viral load...i was terrified, figured okay...20,000, right..no it was only 5000!! Wow, I was amazed. 3 months later...only 900!! REALLY WOW.
so I didn't take them for almost 2 yrs, with about the same results. Then wanted to have a baby, so went back on, and since my son (who is 9 mnths old and healthy) I stopped again. I have done my #'s maybe 2-or 3 times since then...do you know what..oh my God--my viral load is only about 420!! Are you kidding me..if it had been 399 it would show as "undetectable". I can't believe that I am that fortunate. I just wanted to share with my other poz peers. We can beat this disease...it does not have to win. When I was first diagnosed, I would say that to my family...but you know what, I never believed it. But now I am winning, and I will live. We are not alone either....I am so glad I am able to reach out to all of you. take care, and keep your head up!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
Re: cd4 & viral load....no meds new
      #139792 - 04/07/05 11:07 PM

Congratulations on such an accomplishment!! Be proud, be happy!

What are you doing to keep your numbers so well?

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

debtex
Legend

#139797 - 04/08/05 02:09 PM

You know what...I really don't know. I don't eat right, I don't excercise. I am a very happy outgoing person with a positive attitude, I know that helps. But what I honestly beleive helped alot, was being on medications in the beginning (when I really didn't need them yet) for so many years (7). I really think that surpressed alot of the virus. Take care, izpoz

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139802 - 04/08/05 09:19 PM

Seemingly this is extremely unpopular to say on this board but again I will point out the fact that your doctor has no idea what he is talking about. This is very common.

You should not have been on drugs since infection. What happened is that when you were taken off the drugs your body overcame the virus as it would have 10 years ago!

Good luck and good health but I think that you should look into reality a little more rather than trust your doctor to make life and death decicions for you!

debtex
Legend

#139804 - 04/08/05 09:32 PM

First of all..what is unpopular about trying to express my happyness to some of my other positive peers. My medication choices were not made by my phsicians, they were made by me. and the doctors adivse that I was going by was those of the people I work with..and not my own physician. Good luck to you and however you make your decisions, but the choices for my changes were always made by myself. Changes in my medications..my call..changes to stop my medications..yes, a scary one, but MY CALL. Good luck to you and however you do things, and I believe it is very foolish of you to assume that had i NOT taken the drugs 10 yrs ago, my results would still be the same. I think you need to get yourself educated. Its nice to know that others who can be poz, also can be quite so negative.

IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
      #139805 - 04/08/05 11:52 PM

Deb, you are doing an awesome job at staying healthy!

Like you, I have been positive for nearly 11 years, and for about 9 of those years, I was on meds. I have been off meds for nearly a year and half now, and have been enjoying the freedom again.

My viral load wasn't nearly as good as yours, but was still good nonetheless, and my CD4 count is still within the 400 range.

My life is full of stress now, since my hubby's health turned for the worse. Since he's been sick, I have taken up all the tasks he did, such as housework, cooking, groceries, etc, as well as working full time. So, I wouldn't be surprised if my immune system takes a hit.

Keep up the good work, Deb! Keep chasing that little one around :)

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Charlie

Reged: 04/10/05
Loc: UK
      #139856 - 04/10/05 04:52 PM

Well done Deb,
It is people like you that give me hope for mine and my hubbys life.
Always remember to forget the troubles that have passed away. But never forget to remember the blessings that come each day.
I wish you a long, happy and healthy life. XX

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139860 - 04/10/05 07:46 PM

It is unpopular for me and not you! Your body would have kept the hiv under control anyway! As far as education goes, I beg people to do more reserch on this before they give an answer like the one you gave but they never do. They go to the doctor who rushes them in and out and screws up their lives without any thought and they think that because they listened to their doctor that they know more than I do when I post!

That is why I say that this may seem unpopular! At the end of the day you still wont help yourself by looking into what is best for you as far as treatment goes. That is sad. I was only trying to help you.

debtex
Legend

#139863 - 04/10/05 09:31 PM

You are only hearing what you have pulled out of my paragraph. yes I did discuss, "what were the possibilities", or my options or what would happen if I went off my meds. NOBODY does more research before making any decisions on their medical then I do!! I work with hiv/aids patients medical care...so I actually go by what statistics show is besty. NOT WHAT PHYSICIANS SAY. What I keep coming back to (that I feel you need to be educated on) is the fact that if I had not been on meds 10 yrs ago, my viral load would still be this low. which I'm sorry...Is dead wrong.YOu don't even know me, but to assume that you know better than me becuase I WILL atleast talk to my doctors about what I am doing. I think you are foolish as to be your own medical provider. You're telling me, I'm better of listening to you, not my doctors (or better yet...myself). again I will say I MAKE THE CALL IN MY MEDICAL CARE, BUT I DO KEEP MY HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS "AWARE" OF WHAT I PLAN TO DO. SHAME ON YOU IF YOU DON'T !!

debtex
Legend

#139864 - 04/10/05 09:31 PM

You are only hearing what you have pulled out of my paragraph. yes I did discuss, "what were the possibilities", or my options or what would happen if I went off my meds. NOBODY does more research before making any decisions on their medical then I do!! I work with hiv/aids patients medical care...so I actually go by what statistics show is best. NOT WHAT PHYSICIANS SAY. What I keep coming back to (that I feel you need to be educated on) is the fact that if I had not been on meds 10 yrs ago, my viral load would still be this low. which I'm sorry...Is dead wrong.YOu don't even know me, but to assume that you know better than me becuase I WILL atleast talk to my doctors about what I am doing. I think you are foolish as to be your own medical provider. You're telling me, I'm better of listening to you, not my doctors (or better yet...myself). again I will say I MAKE THE CALL IN MY MEDICAL CARE, BUT I DO KEEP MY HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS "AWARE" OF WHAT I PLAN TO DO. SHAME ON YOU IF YOU DON'T !!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: cd4 & viral load....no meds
      #140050 - 04/13/05 08:36 PM

I know how you feel. I have been positive for 11 yrs never taken meds and my viral load is 1000 my t count is 351

debtex
Legend

#140099 - 04/14/05 02:41 PM

Wow, and you've NEVER taken any meds. You are probably a long term NON surpressor. Good for you. Its pretty rare, but I think a poz attitude with this disease and learning to forgive yourself and others, and live and love again...that is my medicine now. (: I feel that we can all "live" with hiv if we just do what is right for us at the time. I'm very happy that your health as well is doing so good. !! It will not be the virus that kills us.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#140120 - 04/14/05 07:07 PM

One more try! I know that you feel like you trust your doctor and you kinda looked into it and it seemed right so that means that cause you did that you have a better understanding than anyone else!

Now, meds do matter. Its been 12 years and your body wont control this for much longer. You have probubly created resistance to the drugs that you have taken as well as the vast majority of others!

Your doctor will kill you if you let him at this point in time!

Why do I post these things? I often ask myself that! You will still not listen and do something dumb!

debtex
Legend

#140123 - 04/14/05 07:17 PM

Buddy, you know what..your advise does not sound good to me at all. yes, I do know alot about what I am saying, or I would not say it. I have resistance to NO MEDS. (and tests do prove this). Good luck in your medical choices without advise.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#140196 - 04/16/05 09:37 AM

It's not "unpopular" for you to say this. It's ignorant. Too bad you are so immodest that you can write "your body overcame the virus". Where do you get your information? If that was possible then we wouldn't have so many people in Africa, India and South America dying. Why not get an education and in the meantime keep your mouth shut. You know little about the dynamics of HIV infection. Most people whose lowest CD4 cell count was above 250 can stop meds with some time. That's what clinical trials have shown.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8740

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3