Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Julie
Unregistered

I had a high risk encounter
      #1397 - 04/02/00 08:00 PM

I am worried that I am infected with hiv. I had one very high risk encounter about 5 months ago. I became ill one-two months ago and never recovered. I am just getting more sick. It is the "flu" with extreme fatigue, mouth sores etc. I tested for hiv when I was sick and it was negative. It was 16 weeks after the encounter. I don't
know if I should test again now (5months) or just wait for the six months. I am very scared. The body explains the timing of symptoms differently than what I have experienced. I never got sick until 3 months later, and then it is pretty severe and ongoing. Any opinions? Has anyone had this kind of onset with hiv or aids? Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I had a high risk encounter new
      #1398 - 04/02/00 08:00 PM

Dear Julie:

Please be strong. I had a high risk encounter 3 weeks ago and am scared too. I have a bruise that I am not sure about. The main thing is, at least please get tested in another month when it is 6 months. I think that is the window when you can be sure. Then you will feel better, either safe from it or at least in control and able to pursue the right options. Best hopes!

Julie
Unregistered

Re: I had a high risk encounter new
      #1399 - 04/02/00 08:01 PM

Thanks for the reply. It is very scary. My best wishes are for you as well. I hope and pray that this is not what it is. I don't know what else it could be. I know my body well enough to know that something is not right and I have never been sick like this before. I had another test yesterday and I will know the results next week. I have seen 3 doctors since I got sick. One said it was the "flu", the second said I had a false negative for hiv, and the third said he feels the 16 week test was reliable enough to not be tested again and thinks I have symptoms (not of hiv), but of an auto-immune disorder!! How much difference could there be in symptoms of hiv and an auto-immune disorder? And how likely is it that I developed this auto-immune disorder after a very high risk encounter with hiv? It does not look good. please pray for me! thanks

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5134

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3