Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
klee
Unregistered

seeking interviewees for magazine article
      #138833 - 03/17/05 01:22 PM

I'm working on an article for Real Health Magazine looking at HIV treatments and black people. Reports abound about the health disparities associated with treatment in this population—doctors don't prescribe treatment as early in the process for blacks and they do for whites, blacks don't adhere to protocols for a variety of reasons, including the idea that HIV was engineered by the government and fear that the meds will make them worse... I'm looking for HIV-positive women who struggled with treatment decisions: how they came to treatment, what (if any) reservations they had about treatment, how they are doing on treatment.

If you have a story to share, please contact me ASAP by email at klee4766@aol.com. Thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: seeking interviewees for magazine article new
      #139159 - 03/23/05 03:53 PM

i will help out if i can.e mail me at tracys2good4u2006@yahoo.com. i have been hiv+ for 3 month's now and i hate it

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: seeking interviewees for magazine article new
      #139173 - 03/23/05 05:20 PM

I would also be interested in helping out. I have been poz for 12 yrs, and I know the transition from no-meds, to okay here are your meds (for the rest of your life) , to one point 7 years later to finding out....you can stop taking those (your lifeline) for a little while. it really is a scary thing...in both directions!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2426

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3