Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just found out last week,and pregnant
      #134551 - 02/16/05 03:23 PM

I'm writing from the college today, and earlier I had a teacher tell me that maybe I should go home because I look like I don't feel well. I just found out the results last week at my baby doctor. I'M DUE IN JULY. I almost fainted in the office. I geuss that this is the kind of news that really needs to be thought through. I can't say that I'M not terrified, but at the same time, I can only think about preserving my health for my new baby, and twelve year old daughter. I LOVE HER MORE THAN LIFE. She is worth every once of effort that I have been trying desprately to keep ahold of. write back. Stace.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Just found out last week,and pregnant new
      #134597 - 02/17/05 09:32 AM

Stace-
I too am a mother with four children whom I would give my life for. Nothing in this world could ever make one fight harder to beat this thing. Keep the Lord in your life and in your heart. Only he can answer your prayers and only he can give you the strength you need to stay well. Take Care and Keep in touch...
God Bless....

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134611 - 02/17/05 07:03 PM

Hi this is STACE, thank you for writing. HOPE you get this message. I really appreciate you giving me some inspiration because I really need it at this time. I do pray, so... maybe this is a chance for me to get closer to God than I HAVE BEEN BEFORE this happened to me. I feel like I'M not alone. Like you said, I'LL have to fight this thing. Thanks again for the encouragment. bye for now, Stace. p. s. GOD BLESS .

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134675 - 02/19/05 10:48 AM

I Stace--stay thinking positively. I have three teenage children and just found out last July that I am HIV +. They have been my best support for me. My family knows and have been wonderful in supporting me also along with other close friends. I found it better to get through the accepting stage of all this by having their support....education is a key too. Get educated about HIV and what your options are for the baby you are expecting....talk to your doctor and plug into an AIDS foundation in your community. The clinic in my community has helped tremendously in educating me. Maybe you will see that you need to take some time right now for you and your babies (your new one and your twelve yr old)...but think about it and talk it over with close ones.

From my first day of knowing I thought.....I want to be able to live with HIV and not let HIV be my life......

Time has a way of accepting and being able to see clearer...keep praying and remember for you what is important.

God Bless.

RIVERLADY
All Star

Reged: 02/03/05
      #134723 - 02/20/05 09:45 AM

Hello stace, I'm sure that was one hell of a surprize. I don't understand why it wasn't caught earlier,perhaps it was the window period. But the good news is noadays the transmission to unborn or new born has been virtually eliminated.And it has become very manageable . I sense that you got a pretty good head on lyour shoulders and your approach will be well thought and you;ll become very educated in this manner. I hope and pray the best for all your little ones and even you big ones. Please stay in touch.......
river

IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
      #134761 - 02/21/05 12:53 AM

Stace,

Keep your head high. I, too, have a daughter who is going to be twelve this year. I found out when she was less than a year old, and she's never was positive. I even breast fed her till she was 8 months old, but didn't know at the time.

Live your life through your kids. I'm sending good thoughts your way for your unborn child. I certainly hope all goes well.

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Anonymous
Unregistered

How could you tell people new
      #138837 - 03/17/05 05:20 PM

How were you able to tell your family so soon after you found out? I have been + since 1996 and I told my sister in 2000, but no one else knows. My sister has been a great support system. I have a 12 year old and twins that are 4. I admire you for telling your family so soon.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139020 - 03/20/05 12:18 PM

HI Anonymous,
Thank you for sharing that difficult information with us. I know how hard it is, when you learn of your status. I am hiv + and have been for 12 yrs. I have a 13 yr old son, who is my life and my reason for wanting to preserve my health as well. your new son will be fine. I also gave birth to a baby boy last july (something i didn't think i'd ever be able to enjoy again). and he will need to be tested up until 18months, but his viral load has always remained undetectable. I know he will be fine. I also work at an hiv clinic (in a hosp). and I see women w/ hiv have babies all the time....and they are all healthy babies w/out hiv. (you just have to be sure and take your meds, and keep your viral load undetectable). Dont worry...everything will be FINE!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5220

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3