Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

New born
      #134265 - 02/10/05 04:19 AM

Need some advice here guys....just been diagnosed month ago. I'm 22yrs & I've read lots of people who've been living with this virus for more than 10yrs...what is the secret? Was shocked when I heard the results but there is one thing that I told myself,,,,,I'll live my life like its golden, I believe that God's got a purpose for me, I'm still strong and trying to be positive all the time, although sometimes it can be difficult,,,but then I've got all the support that I need from my family. Also looking for online support groups, people willing to chat & give each other advice. I'd rather live my life smiling than die b4 my days r over...
Thanks for reading & may God bless.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
Re: New born new
      #134268 - 02/10/05 06:50 AM

I was 26 when I found out. Was newly married with a 10 month old baby. My husband got very sick and lost a ton of weight. So they admitted him to the hospital to find out what was going on. This was a "rule out" test, just to be sure.

Of course, my test was next, as was my daughter's. We tested our daughter until she was almost two, but she was negative.

Having family support is very important. You need that unconditional love and support to help you through your darkest days. Trust me, you will have your down days, it's human nature. I have my bouts of depression, but I am not only dealing with just my life, I have to worry about my husband and daughter.

Take things day by day, and never blame yourself. Find yourself a doctor you are comfortable with. If you have a doctor now who isn't giving you the hope or comfort level you need, find a new one.

Just think about this, what would you do if you were diagnosed with diabetes? You would adjust your life accordingly, and move on. Well, while HIV is not diabetes, it's still a manageable disease. You have to take care of yourself, exercise, eat well, and take your meds.

While I'm not a strong religious person, I believe God wouldn't make a mountain I couldn't climb. So, I accept what He's given me, and continue to climb those mountains.

I'm curious, at such a young age, what made you decide to get tested?

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134317 - 02/11/05 12:19 AM

Thinking positively, eating right, taking vitamins, your meds if necessary, having good friends, and living life to the fullest! 13 years and counting!

RIVERLADY
All Star

Reged: 02/03/05
      #134428 - 02/13/05 12:43 PM

You are so right. I got some new mountain climbing boots and Godsmap to follow . take care and God bless

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134612 - 02/17/05 07:14 PM

Hi this is Stace, I'm sure that God has a purpose for you. I'm 35, and found out that I am in the first stages of this. I have been feeling sick because I'm also five months pregnant, so I found out at the baby doctor. 'yOU'R test results came back positive " he said. Now I know that I NEED to pray alot to beat this thing. My unborn babies daddy is the guy who gave it to me. I also have a beautiful daughter at home. I want to stay well for these reasons. HOPE THAT YOU FEEL BETTER TO . From/ JUST FOUND OUT / Stace.

RIVERLADY
All Star

#134726 - 02/20/05 10:04 AM

Hey Stace, Glad to see that your strolling around and offering words of encouragement. I have my moments of morn.,afternoon, or eve sickness too. But I'm not pregnant. lol I've been infected for approx. 15 yrs. and on meds for 12 yrs. And God has taken this delemia and used it to the good in encourageing others that are in this same club. And I see that in you . I will consider you my incouragement sister . Oh by the way I'm 47 to be 48 in Aug. and I hope and pray to be here for quite a while , Gods not done with me here yet. So my dear sister you take care and anytime youd like to talk I.m here or you can reach me at home flogeo@comcast.net. Perhaps together we can get a womans support group going in the delphi neighborhood in one of the chat rooms. You sound like a great torch carrier for God. And you know where there is light darkness cannot prevail Tilll we meet agin girl take care and God bless...River....aka...flo

RIVERLADY
All Star

#134808 - 02/23/05 08:49 AM

Hey new born, Hows it been going with you since you last wrote. Hopfully your getting past the shock part and continueing the life part. Stop by and let us know okay . We all need to stay in touch and give our strength and even tears if need be. Till then you take care and God bless you and yours.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139395 - 03/30/05 07:13 AM

Hi Riverlady & everyone on the board. Thanks 4 all your support, yeap I'm doing better than I was 2months back. Everything is just fine, not sick & not on meds at the moment...just taking multivitamins. By the way your support is really appreciated, its people like you that motivate & inspire us to go on. Just got promotion @ work & I'm studying further, nothing is gonna stop me from achieving my dreams.
Thanks a million.....I wish I was there to see all these wonderful people, but unfortunately I'm in SA.

May God bless all of you!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4109

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3