Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looking for online support
      #133354 - 01/21/05 05:37 PM

I'm an African American single woman looking for heterosexual men or women to communicate with about living with HIV. I've been positive for 9 years and have never been to a support group and tried recently to find one. Unfortunately, it seems that the ones here are geared toward men and there are income restrictions. Anyone interested in talking, please email me at lqjohns@hotmail.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
positively

Reged: 01/20/05
Loc: NE USA
Re: Looking for online support new
      #133408 - 01/23/05 08:45 PM

I was diagnosed 7 years ago. I would be happy to talk with you.
I also was disappointed with a support group I went to for a short time. When I was diagnosed it was with AIds. I almost died. I was looking for suppport as I started meds and tried to keep a positive attitude. What I found in the group I tried, was that they were a bunch of whiners. They were newly diagnosed, never been sick and none of them were on meds. Yet, everything was a crisis. I went a couple times and didn't go back.

I credit my revovery and present great health with my positive attitude, my faith and of course the meds.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#133423 - 01/24/05 07:02 AM

Wow, that sounds so familiar. The support groups I tried out (even volunteered my time with) turned out to be more depressing than helpful, and was even a place for dating and match making. I'm a married woman with a child, I don't think I'm ready for dating just yet, LOL. It also seemed self serving to the person who facilitated it.

I have to credit my success with this disease to my husband (who was diagnosed with advanced AIDS 11 years ago) and our daughter (who is negative).

RIVERLADY
All Star

Reged: 02/03/05
      #134073 - 02/06/05 10:15 AM

there are numerous chats at the delfi web page, I started a co-infection called best of both worlds in the hep palace. We just need to designate a day and time for us all to get together

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134087 - 02/06/05 09:27 PM

I'd like to make a suggestion for on-line support, it is not specific to HIV, however it can be supportive to any situation a person is struggling with or working through.

The book is called "Spiritual Energy Cycles" and is by Jackie Woods, it explains the healing process. It's very clear and easy to
understand. It explains WHY we create what we create and how healing takes place whether through chemo, meds or herbs. It's a
great little book, for further support there's an on-line discussion so you can start applying the concepts in the book to your everyday life.

The book explains how the healing process needs to take place "upstream" so to speak. For example if you have a dirty stream and want to clean it you keep going up strean till you find the source of what the contaminent is... same with healing the
body. All too often we start with the symptom, and try to get rid of it with drugs or changing our behaviour. But that is starting downstream, we need to go upstream and find where the disease started in order to heal it. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in healing or strengthening who they are in life. You can find it at amazon.com, barnes& noble or directly from the author at www.jackiewoods.org. (The discussion is at www.jackiewoods.org and is FREE.)

I've seem people transform many areas of thier life through the process explained int the book, physical illness to financial to relationship and parenting issues.

RIVERLADY
All Star

Reged: 02/03/05
      #134178 - 02/08/05 11:08 AM

Thank you so much for the info I will definitely check out that org. There are so many avenues available. If you don't like one try another. Sometimes its what we can contribute to a group not what the group can do for us. It's better to be a part of a solution than be a part of the problem. Hope to see you hear again till then take care and God bless

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3284

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3