Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV + Women in Rural Areas
      #102388 - 07/22/04 04:16 PM

I am the new Director of a small ASO in a rural area. I have worked at a larger ASO in an urban area, and was wondering what needs and concerns women in rural areas have that may be different from women in the city. I am planning a needs assessment with current clients, but I want to get as many perspectives as possible. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as this organization works to fill the gaps in service and offer the highest quality support services to women in our community.

Thanks in advance!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV + Women in Rural Areas new
      #103524 - 07/26/04 05:17 PM

confidentiality. Really hard in small towns. Everyone knows everyone...the pharmacist knows your cousins, who know your neighbors. The nurse knows your kids...you know what I mean.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#103653 - 07/27/04 09:17 AM

Great point - thanks very much for your perspective! Any thoughts on how we can work to make that less of an issue?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#104209 - 07/29/04 05:16 PM

Advertise in other towns...not your own...you will probably get people from there...afraid to go to their town.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#105883 - 08/03/04 03:58 PM

Thanks again - we'll try that. It's a shame that is such an issue, but maybe one day.....

Karenmaes
Unregistered

q new
      #133882 - 02/01/05 11:00 PM

I am an Aids survivor for 20+ years, straight, white woman. I live in Hood River Or and there are 37 ther infected people here. We have no assistance, diability, food, housing or counseling in this town. We need help. I am personally trying to coordinate an Oregon Aids Ride. I am the only one speaking out here in Hood River. No one else wants to break their anonimity. I respect that. But if one of us doesnt start doing something, I am afraid nothing will get done. I want to help. Tell me how. Karenmaes@gorge.net

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3144

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3