Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nail Fungus
      #54704 - 01/14/03 11:36 AM

Does anyone now the best medicine/treatment for nail fungus. It has been persistent for the last two years. Diflucan and Lamasil failed to clear it up.
Sporanox cleared it but when I stopped taking it, it came back and this drug cannot be taken on a permanent basis since may damage the liver. Please advise on what other alternatives for treatment there are. Thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Nail Fungus new
      #57301 - 02/04/03 10:09 AM

This may sound too easy but bleach kills fungus. I searched and tried many medical options until the doctors told me they couldn't help me. I decided to soak my fingers and massage some bleach around the cuticles. I did that every day for about 10 days or so and somehow forgot the routine. In a month, what were stringy ugly nails were nails that looked like Palmolive Madge had me soaking in them for a month. No trips to the doc, no insurance claims, no paying big ugly drug companies. Bleach.
Of course, I washed my hands good when I was done. Good luck.

Atlmusikboi

Reged: 07/09/03
Loc: ATL GA
      #67247 - 07/09/03 04:30 PM

and one other note, on the home remedy cycle, 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 parts water and soak them for 30 minutes every night until it disappears, my feet have it between each toe really really bad and it hurts so much it itches at times and is spreading up to my nails and I tried this little home remedy and after 6 months of NOTHING working, this actually is starting to clear it up, now I have only been doing it for a week, but man.... good luck!

Unregistered

#165429 - 11/27/05 11:39 PM

There are a bunch of options, Lamisil is a prescription oral pill that's pretty powerful, but has some serious potential side effects. There are lots of topical (paint on) options too, this site goes over a lot of them, check out Penlac, Lamisil, and Home Remedies, most interesting imo:

http://www.nail-fungus.org/

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6546

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3