Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

STI (strat. treatment interruption)
      #38556 - 08/20/02 09:41 PM

Is there anyone out there considering a STI (strategic treatment interruption)? Specifically, I am looking for someone who has similar medical history. In a nutshell, I was infected in June 1997. Finally detectable in Nov 1997. My viral load at detection was <3000, and CD4+ was 512. Started on Viracept and Combivir, and have been on it ever since. Over my treatment duration, have only missed doses 5 times. Last test results had my VL <50 and CD4+ at 1000 (+/- 50). I have been presented with the option of STI, but need to learn more. So far, all of the research I have found refer to STI's for patients who are on failing regimens. Anyone out there done an STI while on a very successful regimen?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: STI (strat. treatment interruption) new
      #39925 - 09/12/02 09:20 PM

I was infected at least by '85, & Dx'd in '87. I had a VL of 1 & 3,000 in '96. Then I went on the "cocktail". I went off it in May, '00. Despite going through horrible personal stuff since then, NOT directly HIV-related, my VL is still <50 & my T4's are steadily above 200 (they were 175 on HIV meds, now they are about 225). I went OFF the meds primarily because the nelfinavir gave me chest pains, & I told my Drs. "I'd rather die of AIDS than a heart attack." They FINALLY said I was right, AFTER trying to scare me to death "You'll have a million copies(VL)" & another "Go home & die if you want". Right away, another slithered in & tried "to Sustiva me" which I refused (my waking life is a nightmere- do I need them in my two hours of sleep as well?).

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4320

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3