Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
hivstudent
New User

Reged: 04/27/13
Missing on a dose new
      #276176 - 05/09/14 10:10 AM

I am on Kivexa(Epz) and Isentrees (twice a day), I take the Isentress one at 10:30am and one at 10:30pm with the Kivexa, I always try my best to be right on time, but today this morning for some reason I could not wake up to the alarm, and I missed the morning Isentress by 2 hours and a half, meaning I took it at 1:00pm , 14 hours and half after the last one I took.
What are the risks associated with this, knowing its the first time I am off for this long, I have been off before but only for 30 mins - hour.
My counts are CD4 650 and VL is UD been on treatment for 4 months.

Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Missing on a dose
      #276180 - 05/09/14 09:59 PM

As per my medical teams response to these same issues, their response to me is ... aslong as you take it! If you happen to be an hour or two late on an occassional incident, just take your meds and continue on but go back to your regular schedule with the next dose.

Do not make this your "safety net" though, always try to be within an hour of your regular dose time. The only serious issue would be if you completely skipped the dose, and then again and again!

I only take one pill, Atripla, at 10PM and I report to my medical team that my dose time is between 930PM and 11PM, as evening plans occassionally get in the way ... they confirmed it was fine ... just don't miss the dose!!!!! (and of course making it a habit, stay on target)

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1092

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3