Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
hivstudent

Reged: 04/27/13
About to start treatment!
      #274673 - 01/06/14 10:47 AM

I have been positive for 2 years now, and my counts are a bit less than 400 Doctor has decided to put me on meds. And recommended that I take Kivexa and Insentress! I have tried googling but I could not find much info on this cocktail! I would appreciate your help... What are common side effects and how efficient is this regimen!
Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: About to start treatment! new
      #274689 - 01/07/14 03:05 PM

Talk to your doctor, as my medical team found out regarding side effects and effectivness of Atripla, I didn't have any issues and it works awesome. Meds will respond to everyone differently so it is important to just start taking it! What you find on line is good for a guide only, don't take it to heart. There are several people I have chatted with on this site alone that are on Atripla and all of us have had different reactions to the drugs.

I am not familiar with Kivexa or Insentress, I assume it was one of the ones my med team showed me when I first started meds last April, but I just told them to pick something they felt would work best for me, Atripla it was!

All they could tell me was the possible worse end of the spectrum of side effects, take it and see what happens, and I had nothing! A bit disappointed, yes, I wanted some of the halucinations and dreams and dizziness, but nothing happened except for a quick retreat of the VL to undetectable after a couple months and an increasing cd4 count!

The doctor based on your tests and the background about you, knows you best, if that is what they are recommending, give it a try ... that's all you can do! Several people on this site will rattle off a bunch of side effect stuff, and reaction stuff ... blah blah blah ... but the bottom line, it's still your doctor and you that knows what will work best for you!

Good Luck!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 699

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3