Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
HIVSUCKZ

Reged: 09/08/12
Starting Atripla tonight.
      #266370 - 09/09/12 12:26 AM

I have been hiv positive for the last 14 years with a consistent viral load of less than 1000 and a % of over 31. Unfortunately, my cd4 has been dropping slowly for the last two years to a low of 198 as of last month. I have been very reluctant to start meds before but i can't put it off forever so i picked up my first prescription of atripla today.

Its hard because physically i feel fine, have never had nausea or extreme tiredness and i am worried of the side effects. So, please wish me luck.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Starting Atripla tonight. new
      #266383 - 09/09/12 11:49 AM

Take your Atripla in the evening . That way you sleep through with any side effects. It's not a bad medication . If you get weird dreams don't worry about it. They can actually be amazing if you look at it all from the right perspective. But again the meds are only as bad as you let them be.

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
      #266883 - 09/19/12 09:51 PM

Good luck! I'm on the same meds, and want to say, they are pretty good, but you must give yourself time to get adjusted to them. Drink lots of water and stick to the regimen. It does take some time to adjust, so don't get discouraged if you have a few issues for a while. Keep us posted!

jtpa
Regular

Reged: 03/11/12
Loc: Florida
      #268629 - 10/26/12 11:27 AM

I am on the same med. First few weeks was wild but I am glad I started. If you get the vivid dreams most likely it is because you need to have an empty stomach. My doc told me soemthing to do with fat absorption and one of the meds in it. When I take them properly I never really have any issues except the fact that I know I am on them. Good Luck

Maxstress

Reged: 10/01/12
Loc: Georgia
      #270054 - 01/08/13 07:22 PM

Got my numbers today. T cells 28, viral load 28000+ I lost focus when I learned what my T cells were. Didn't write the viral load down, but know it was over 28000. He prescribed Atripla. Will take my first pill tonight. Not looking forward to the possible side effects. Several years ago I took some med for depression that gave me vivid dreams..... No fun! Plus they were not always dreams. I punched a hole through the wall with my fist one night during one of those dreams.

I will make sure I take it on empty stomach. Hope that works.

I'll keep you posted.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #270133 - 01/13/13 09:39 AM

I will wish you well my friend instead of luck if thats ok by you . YOur going to do fine. One of the aspects of Atripla is the wild dreams. I was amazed by them and actually had fun with them. So enjoy the ride my friend.

ImaNiceGuy

Reged: 01/29/13
      #270404 - 01/29/13 06:48 PM

I was diagnosed in December and started taking Atripla about 1 week ago. I made sure to not eat for 2 hours before and also took it with a full 8oz of water and I haven't had any bad side effects during the night. The only thing that I have experienced is loss of appetite.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2324

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3