Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
AliveNwell

Reged: 07/12/12
Good results with Atripla
      #264564 - 07/12/12 10:08 PM

I have been taking Atripla since being diagnosed in 2009 with very good results. I was not even a fan of tylenol before becoming HIV + so a daily pill for HIV was a new experience. My doctor very vaguely mentioned that a side effect COULD BE vivid dreams. I had no clue what that was supposed to mean. This has been the ONLY side effect I've experienced and it actually is a good one. Never have I dreamed so much and in such intensity-not at all in the sense of nightmares. It just intensifies the dream to a pleasureable degree. Two years later and I still experience it. Again, don't fear it, embrace it.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
vagab0nd

Reged: 12/07/10
Re: Good results with Atripla new
      #264981 - 07/28/12 01:49 PM

Hiya, glad to hear that atripla is working so well for you. I had my share of vivid dreams too. In fact, after taking the first dose, I literally woke up from sleep laughing about how intense my dream was. It was quite a trip. Pun intended. But I'm thankful that all those side effects are gone by now and I've never missed a single dose so far.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #265078 - 07/30/12 10:02 PM

Yeah , aren't those dreams a trip and a half! But I had to change my meds and now no more dreams. I miss them . I would wake up amazed and excited to tell hubby about them. Like living in Oz or being Alice in Wonderland. I had a male friend that couldn't stand his dreams. He had the nightmares . Maybe its different for men .

BabyFirefly

Reged: 09/28/12
Loc: Florida, United States
      #267412 - 09/28/12 08:52 AM

Ha, sounds like me. In the first several days (several doses), I'd had a couple of...interesting ones. In one, I was on an island at a summer camp and the fruits growing on the trees around me were all bright purple. it felt like I was in Avatar or something. Another dream involved me and a friend of mine and I ended up waking up feeling amused, uncomfortable and gross at the same time (so not going into detail with that one).

The dreams are definitely the side effect I mind the least. Minor stomach aches and a little bit of dizziness (usually when I first wake up) is a bit of a bummer, but it always passes. I'm just relieved the dreams aren't the night terrors one of my doctors made them out to be (he should've worded it better lol).

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #267483 - 09/30/12 12:09 PM

I always enjoyed the dreams . Couldn't wait to tell hubby about them over morn coffee. lol

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1784

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3