Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
madisongurl

Reged: 01/28/09
Allergies
      #254661 - 03/06/11 08:57 PM

So far I have tried to go on meds twice, and each time I have had severe allergic reactions. Since becoming positive, I have become allergic to penicillan as well.

Does anyone else have these problems with medicine and have you found an HIV med to work? I do not want to keep being a test subject on these pills...or worse have them kill me!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
Re: Allergies new
      #254856 - 03/18/11 05:14 AM

Can you please be more specific? Which meds have you tried, and can you identify which of their components you are allergic to for sure? For instance, if you tried the one-pill Atripla and had a reaction, did you break it into it's components and try it as only Truvada and only Sustiva/Stocrin and see which component bothered you?

I am allergic to many things, and my doc said because of this I am to take an Allegra (does not react with HAART meds) one hour before I take my Atripla regimen. I am not sure if it is the reason, but I have had no problems with the Atripla meds; I take them as Truvada + Stocrin in case I was sensitive to the Stocrin drug component. I had a rash only on the second day of the meds and never after.

Talk with your doc about breaking the meds into their components and introducing them one at a time, or see if an allergist can even test you against the meds. Don't give up - you just need to get creative. I would think that some combination out there should work for you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1457

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3