Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
Soloandlonely

Reged: 01/05/11
Numbers interpretation
      #253854 - 01/10/11 02:09 PM

Dear,

I hope someone will be able to help with explaining what the following information mean?

Does it mean one needs treatment or not?

RNA copies : 160080 cp/ml

Log units : 5.204
CD4 ( 444)

Please answer..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
vbd1966
Regular

Reged: 05/20/10
Re: Numbers interpretation new
      #253883 - 01/12/11 06:11 PM

*MY* decision, with numbers very similar, was to begin treatment with medication. 3 months later, my viral load is undetectable and my CD4 are up to 576. That's the course *I* took and I certainly can't suggest you do the same. My decision was based on an initially high VL and a decreasing CD4. My line of thinking (right or wrong) was to keep my CD4 high -- I do a lot of traveling and planes are full of sick people coughing -- I just didn't want any of it. I would take your numbers in context of a trend (if there is one). If this is your first test, maybe you should follow up in a few months and see what your body is doing. Either way, you should discuss the options with your doctor once you've armed yourself with some knowledge. The internet is great, but there's so much conflicting information out there it's near impossible to settle on the truth. Best wishes to you.

Tim85

Reged: 06/15/11
Re: Numbers interpretation new
      #256222 - 06/17/11 03:52 AM

Basically that means that you've currently got a pro viral load 160080 per mL of blood and your CD4 T Cell Count is 444.

Depending on when you actually seroconverted, your CD4 T Cells 444 should increase over time with a gradual decrease in viral load.

For example, on seroconversion my viral load was 1,000,000,000+ per mL of blood with a CD4 T Cell count of 540, one week later my viral load decreased to 64,000 and my CD4 T Cells increased to 670.

Hope this helps,

Tim

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1815

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3