logopolis

Reged: 05/23/09
Loc: UK
PI Monotherapy advice
      #250407 - 05/22/10 06:56 AM

Admin OptionsEdit Discussion Close Discussion Edit Your Tags
Cancel
Delete Discussion Hi,

My partner has been asked to take part in a clinical trial - Protease Inhibitor monotherapy versus Triple Therapy.

Just gathering some info before he signs up. Has anyone or is anyone trialing this? If you have how have you found it and has the viral load remained undetectable?

He's been on Atripla for about 14 months will 100% adherence and an undetectable viral load, however as we all know this is a powerful and toxic med so in th elong term the Doc thinks monotherapy is better.

Just wanted to put this out and see if anyone else has trialled or is trialling.

Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hopefulone
Master

Reged: 12/05/08
Loc: NY, NY
Re: PI Monotherapy advice new
      #250559 - 05/29/10 12:47 PM

please let us know what you find out. i too have been on atripla for 14 months with 100% adherence, undetectable viral load. 32 years old here so long term is a question for me too. fortunately, i havent had any side effects or quality of life issues....yet.

logopolis

Reged: 05/23/09
Loc: UK
      #250575 - 05/31/10 11:36 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the post - i did think this would generate more comments as these trials go on all the time.

If it works it does look a better option for the long term.

My partner is still going for test's before starting the trial...i'll keep you posted as we go along

nevereasy

Reged: 11/14/08
      #251276 - 07/22/10 04:28 PM

Hi, I have been on monotherapy PI from Sept 2007 till JUly 2010. I was taking Invirase ( once a day 4 pills totalling 2000mg) boosted with Norvir (once a day 100mg). Taken at the same time. I am not part of any trial but am extremely sensitive to side effects. Before I started this regimen I was undetectable and Tcells in the 300's. I am still undetectable and Tcells remain in the 300's. This was a therapy that worked for me. I decided to switch this month because I want to see if another regimen would make me feel better. The bottomline with me is that all the drugs cause problems for me. I can give you more info if you want it. However, your main concern may have been resistance and for me there was no problem, Monotherapy worked just fine and of course is less toxic.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3541

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3