HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
spain
New User

Reged: 10/27/09
Loc: Madrid, Spain
Maitake, mushrooms against HIV?
      #248191 - 10/27/09 03:24 PM

Hi, does anyone have experience with taking supplements of the Maitake or other healing mushrooms?
I've read Maitake kills HIV in vitro, but research on that is old, and I haven't found any study in humans. Taking supplements in high doses of Maitake, Agaricus and Coriolus extract now, which the German Society for Vital Mushroom Research (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Vitalpilzkunde) recommends. They seem pretty serious, but couldn't point me to any further study on this.
I'm recently diagnosed with HIV, and would like to push out taking meds for a while if possible. My CD4 count is 549, viral load 67,000.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Robert1

Reged: 05/29/07
Re: Maitake, mushrooms against HIV? new
      #248472 - 11/17/09 11:06 PM

Hi
There is really little data on maitake. the reason people stopped looking at it is that antiretrovirals are so amazingly effective. If I were you I would eat well, exercise and take vitamin D and coq10 and start meds soon. Remember they really are effective and can help so much.

spain
New User

Reged: 10/27/09
Loc: Madrid, Spain
      #249232 - 01/27/10 02:33 PM

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Many thx for your answer. I stopped taking the mushrooms in Dec after my CD4 s had dropped quite a bit, and I got nervous. They did get up again in Jan (to 465), though, and still not on meds. My doctors here in Spain don't recommend it yet.

Just_Joe
New User

Reged: 02/21/10
Loc: Brevard County
      #249583 - 02/28/10 10:51 PM

Robert

Are you taking vitamin D and coq10 and are they working well for you and for your CD4 count?

Just_Joe
New User

Reged: 02/21/10
Loc: Brevard County
      #249584 - 02/28/10 10:58 PM

In November 2008 I started taking Atripla and after only 3-4 months, I became undetectable and still undetectable as of today. My CD4 count however is only in the 300's now but my doctors says my CD4 ratio looks good and is consistent and just keep taking the meds to help the CD4 count. I am looking for different types of vitamins to help with my immune system and CD4 count if possible.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8440

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3