HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
DEFCON1SQcdc
New User

Reged: 04/01/09
Loc: New York, USA
Nutrition and Eating?
      #245371 - 04/15/09 06:08 PM

I was just curious to know what types food does everybody here eat to keep healthy and keep weight on? Do you have any good suggestions on eating habits and times that you eat? I've stopped drinking alcohol completely and swear that I've lost a full waist size. I don't want to get too skinny! In fact, I'd like to gain a few pounds for the summer and put on some muscle. Hope this is the right area to post this question!

--------------------
Let the world see your inner strength and inner beauty!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
treading_water
New User

Reged: 03/31/09
Re: Nutrition and Eating? new
      #245372 - 04/15/09 06:13 PM

If you were drinkng a lot of beer and then quit entirely it is not uncommon to lose weight. People that I have known to stop drinking alcohol especially beer lost a lot of calories from their normal diet daily. So that could be part of it but I'm no expert.

DEFCON1SQcdc
New User

Reged: 04/01/09
Loc: New York, USA
      #245373 - 04/15/09 06:26 PM

Haha well luckily I can't stand the taste of beer, so that can't be it. I drank wine and some mixed drinks from time to time though. I could be losing calories from not drinking those things though. I've been eating a lot of fruit and I've been craving meat. I don't always have a huge appetite though, which scares me a little.

--------------------
Let the world see your inner strength and inner beauty!

whole_foods
New User

Reged: 05/13/09
Loc: Michigan
      #245754 - 05/13/09 09:53 PM

I am not on meds, and I gained weight. But....I use herbs and whole foods to stay healthy. Basil is anti-microbial and anti -viral. Coconut oil is supposed to work miracles (tropical traditions). Use food over chemical based vitamins. Get a B-complex for your nervous system. Spinach salads, carrot juice, yogurt, good proteins (beans,cottage cheese). EAT GOOD FOODS. good health and good food and Congrats on no alcohol!!!!

antibody

Reged: 01/28/06
Loc: san diego, california, usa
      #245983 - 06/08/09 12:21 AM

I was thinking about adding beer to my diet in hopes it would help add pounds. I too quit drinking right around seroconversion. I just coudln't handle the hangovers and the time it took to recover.
So I know I wont really start drinking again but sure would be a easy way to get some extra calories.

oldwoman
Regular

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
      #245984 - 06/08/09 07:13 AM

You would be better off with something like Boost or Ensure,instead of just empty calories you get lots of vitamins.Or my personal favorite,anything with ice cream,milk shakes,sundaes,ice cream sodas....OK I'm hungry now LOL

allangering

Reged: 07/04/09
      #246648 - 07/22/09 08:13 AM

Good nutrition is essential for everyone, and especially for people recovering from an eating disorder. First, make sure the person with the disorder has been evaluated by a qualified doctor and is on a treatment plan. Nutrition therapy from a registered dietician, in combination with psychotherapy and pharmacology or various forms of alternative medicine, can help a person with an eating disorder recover.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6398

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3