Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
obione_kanobi

Reged: 04/11/08
weed
      #238436 - 04/12/08 02:49 AM

is it true that smoking weed can mess with the medication i have just started takin i dont drink acohol and weed is my only vice i need to know if smoking this will interfear with my meds as i will stop if this is the case can enyone answer this does enyone els smoke weed to whil on meds?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: weed new
      #238440 - 04/12/08 01:35 PM

It is my opinion that moderate smoking of weed is no problem. Some HIV positive people in the US have access to medically prescribed marijuana.....even. Smoking it helps with a variety of conditions.
And it comes in a pharmaceutical form: MARINOL. This is used mostly for people who have lost a lot of weight and have no appetite. It is used as an appetite stimulator.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

pozpete

Reged: 04/21/08
      #238854 - 04/29/08 01:23 PM

Smoking anything can put you at a higher risk for lung related problems such as pneumonia. As far as interaction with your meds, ask your doctor they would know and they shouldn't freak out on you. I have had a medical reccomendation for marijuana for years -even though I just recently found out that i am HIV+ and advanced AIDs ( my Rx for pot is for arthritis and I live in CA). In my condition (CD4 at 27) I am not smoking, but I make a alchohol based tincture -like any herbal tincture you could get at the health food store. and that helps me not smoke anything and helps me relax and increases my apatite. If you are healthy otherwise and only smoking a moderate amount I wouldn't worry about it.

AugustusII

Reged: 07/06/08
      #240488 - 07/06/08 07:51 PM

I live in California and have a valid recommedation for the best medical marijuana access.

MDs will typically warn about possible fungus infections in your lungs if you are low CD4 or anemic / low white cells. OVerall, it's a great complement to most current regimens. Mine is Truvada/Viramune, and the Viramune seems to work overall but leaves me feeling sick to the tummy al ot.

LivingExample

Reged: 01/02/06
Loc: Pa
      #243468 - 12/04/08 01:25 PM

Only problem I had with smoking is that it exacerbated the negative feelings I had while taking Sustiva for 3 years. It got to a point where I didn't even enjoy it anymore.

Within 2 days of stopping Sustiva I feel back to my old self again. I would assume that mental issues are the only issues you may experience.

oldwoman
Guardian

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
      #243487 - 12/07/08 10:10 PM

So you stopped taking your medicine for HIV because it interfered with your getting high?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6757

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3