Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
1xltnbear2go

Reged: 05/21/07
Loc: S.CA, USA
ATRIPLA - 8mos
      #236239 - 02/04/08 07:36 PM

Been on Atripla for 8 months. Labs excellent. Best single dose treatment. Must take med before bedtime; use of Tylenol PM not necessary anymore. Dreams 82% of the time "wet".

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mauka

Reged: 01/16/08
Re: ATRIPLA question on sleeping new
      #236372 - 02/07/08 12:09 PM

I just started Atripla a week ago and after the two first night where I got sleepy right after taking it, Atriple seem now to keep me up late. No more vivid dreams or nothing else...just hard to fall asleep...tylenol pm then would be ok?

1xltnbear2go

Reged: 05/21/07
Loc: S.CA, USA
      #236623 - 02/15/08 11:06 AM

Try a 1 mile walk before dinner. The rest your body needs to rejuvinate will help you sleep at least 6 hours.

Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
Re: ATRIPLA - 8mos new
      #236843 - 02/21/08 02:55 PM

Quote:

Dreams 82% of the time "wet".

Hmmmm......my dreams may be wet, but it's the sweat from dreaming about being chased by tigers or falling from a cliff.

pozinservice

Reged: 05/14/07
      #238012 - 03/25/08 11:52 PM

i've been on atripla for a just short of a year; i've only had to wet dreams. but i wanted to ask - do you feel like you are more in tune w/ your dreams? sounds crazy to say but it feels almost like i'm in control of them. oh yea, two times that i've forgot to take my pill before bed and took it first thing in the morning; i drank coffee w/ it and had no issue functioning at work. btw, i have to agree the best treatment out there. my cd4 is 490 and my load is below detection. can't beat that w/ a stick!

pozinservice

Reged: 05/14/07
      #238306 - 04/06/08 04:21 PM

i would stay away from tylenol pm; my doctor told me of that it may lead to you body's inability to process atripla. but not to worry - like you i had dreams for a few nights and then nothing for a few months, now i dream all the time. i love it. also, start good sleep skills - no caffeine at least two to three hours before bed; relax before bed - read, meditating, light stretching even lavender and aromatherapy can help; stay away from alcohol near bed time your body will clears it from your system while you sleep and cause you to have nightmares sweats and headaches that disturb sleep; if you do drink have one glass of water for each alcoholice beverage; exercise relieves stress and encourgaes good sleep - but dont do it before bed, best bet two to three hours before you sleep or better yet first thing in the morning; cut down on noise light and extreme temperatures - best to sleep at 68 to 72 degrees (also stay away from baths or hot showers two to three hours before bed); make sure to eat right and dont make any extreme changes to your diet plan; AND ABOVE ALL - make sure your bed is for sleeping; dont hang out, avoid tv eating and emotional discussions while in bed - your mind and body will associate bedtime activities with being in bed so dont let a bad habit keep you awake. hope this helps!

impoz
All Star

Reged: 10/12/07
Loc: Vegas Baby
      #238314 - 04/06/08 11:45 PM

I've been taking it for about a month and a half and I feel great no bad side effects not even dreams. I can't wait until my labs to see if they improve.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8199

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3