Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
gordon33

Reged: 08/14/07
Where to buy drugs in Thailand
      #229515 - 08/16/07 02:22 AM

I have jus recently been put on Meds. I am a foregner in Thailand. One of the best and quickest places I have been is Bummrungrad International Hospital Soi 3. This Hospital provides both International and Generic medications at affordable prices. It is a place I like because it is quick and only takes an hour or two and you are treated very well and also they speak a multiple of different langauges. Also The Doctor I use speaks English and you can sit with him for 30 minits and talk about anything you want to know. The mixture of generic and International drugs costs about B5000/ month and all the blood test cost about B5000/ 3 months. I am only posting this to try to help people in Thailand. Hope it helps.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LordBerners

Reged: 10/22/07
Re: Where to buy drugs in Thailand new
      #232864 - 10/22/07 04:16 PM

Thanks for the information, gordon. I think all of us expats turn to Bumrungrad first even though its a little pricey. My tests there totalled about 7,500 baht but that included a doctor's visit - 800 - and another hiv test as I had only had one positive previously so they wanted to confirm, in adition to the CD4 and VL tests.

I have heard of people spending around 15,000-20,000 baht per month on medications, so I'm pleased to hear that you have been able to only spend 5,000. My total income is in the 30,000 baht range, so not room for much more than that!

garret99

Reged: 01/31/08
      #236103 - 02/01/08 01:16 AM

i also live in thailand and use one of the major hospitals, however i get my labs for viral load and cd4 done at the red cross for 1800b, it takes 5 or so days to get the results...my doctor is fine with this and enters the results into my file

rio

Reged: 02/23/09
      #244770 - 02/23/09 01:21 AM

hi gordon thks for ur info about treatment in thailand,really useful for me,i had a fren who live in thailand now as she's having hiv and i not really sure for how long she have it,all this while she be depending on her stock ( drug like truvada n kaletra from uk ) as she use to live there for about 10 yrs before ? and now she back in thailand as those drug are expensive in thailand...could u tell me where is the good but cheap kind of related drugs in thailand ?? thanks you gordon

rio

Reged: 02/23/09
      #244771 - 02/23/09 01:25 AM

hi garret99 thks for ur info about treatment in thailand,really useful for me,i had a fren who live in thailand now as she's having hiv and i not really sure for how long she have it,all this while she be depending on her stock ( drug like truvada n kaletra from uk ) as she use to live there for about 10 yrs before ? and now she back in thailand as those drug are expensive in thailand...could u tell me where is the good but cheap kind of related drugs in thailand ?? thanks you garret99

treading_water

Reged: 03/31/09
      #245370 - 04/15/09 05:58 PM

I am living in Cambodia and although drugs and testing are available here I was thinking of Bumrungrad as and alternative option. I have been there for other treatment and trauma injury and they are great with patient doctor interaction. It is a bit more expensive than other hospitals but worth the extra expense to me. Things in Phnom Penh are sometimes a bit slower but they do get the testing done and have medicine available.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9392

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3