Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
curi0us

Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: nc
Has KS been forgetten?
      #221181 - 01/09/07 01:39 PM

Hi all, first post here. I have been diagnosed positive for over 2 years my numbers were strong and my doctor saw no need to start therapy right away. Last september I contracted foliculitis/MRSA (probably from the gym) and was given bactrim to clear it up. I was highly allergic to the bactrim and was changed to Doxycyclin; the skin infection left some realy nasty spots across my back, legs, upper torso and I became suspicious of a spot in october that wouldn't go away. I was told that it probably was hyperpigmentation of one of the aforementioned lesions and that if it hadn't gone away we would have it looked at my next follow up visit. Long story short, I finally had a biopsy and it was KS and I was immediately put on Sustiva/Truvada and sent to an oncologist. I have no internal problems only the spots on the outside (fewer than 5) and all the spots have responded well to the HAART treatment. I have since seen another oncologist/hemotologist who has said that my lesions which are flat and pink in the middle are probably a best case scenario and that I should be thankfull. While I am thankful that the KS isn't spreading anymore and the existing lesions have shrunk I still feel scarred and ugly - from a vanity standpoint. Exhaustive searches on the internet have not yeilded any real new info since 03 or 04. I know that KS doesn't affect many people nowadays but has anyone out there had any experience in getting rid of or covering the lesions in any way. I really miss going to the gym and the beach.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Has KS been forgetten? new
      #221184 - 01/09/07 02:03 PM

There's a type of pancake makeup that is used to hide varacose veins. I don't know how helpful that would be at the Gym or Beach. I can see your point from the vanity standpoint, but please consider that it would be a shame to give up things you miss, because you are uncomfortable with how you look. Maybe the thing is to just do as you please and if someone stares....stare back.

BillyC
Unregistered

#222758 - 01/18/07 09:32 AM

I saw your post about KS. My KS is on my right leg and foot. I, too, thought it was a bruise and it got larger and larger. In Jan. 2005, I went to my doctor for an HIV test and found out I was positive. My t-cells were 7 and my viral load out of the planet. I immediately went on meds and on chemotherapy for the KS (Doxil). While my lesions have reduced in size, I am still having to do chemo until my t-cells improve significantly. My doctor said the ks should go away when the t-cells go up. I'm now at 171. As far as covering up the ks, I've found nothing. I've used all kinds of expensive pigment reducing ointments, aloe vera, cocoa butter, you name it. The ks has faded from dark to a light brown, but you can still see it. I haven't worn shorts since Jan. 2005, but with the ks slowly fading, I hope that I'll again be able to wear sandals and shorts and go out to the beach. I am sorry you are going through this, but wanted to be honest from my standpoint. Even my dermatologist said it will probably never completely fade. I work out several days a week and my health has significantly improved, and I hope one day that my embarrassment of the ks will fade away, too. Good luck with your situation. Billy.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#222866 - 01/19/07 01:45 AM

u should try ozone intravenous drip daily for 2 month and then reduce to 2wice weekly karposi sarcoma should vanish and so do lung problems like bronchitis,pnuemnia,cough and,anemia ,depression natural non toxic can be done while taking arv hydrogen peroxide intravenous drips are another option but ozone 100 percent effective god bless

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6231

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3