Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
AMERIBOI2003

Reged: 10/21/06
Anyone out there coinfected w/ HIV/HCV?
      #212294 - 10/21/06 03:48 PM

Hi guys new to web site. Wanting info from anyone who has or is doing treatment for Hepatitus C. What has been your experiences. Interested in sharing w/me to help me make the best decision. I have yet to start treatment for the Hepatitus.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
taurusthecat
Master

Reged: 11/02/06
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Anyone out there coinfected w/ HIV/HCV? new
      #213662 - 11/02/06 11:22 AM

Hey there, I just joined today so I'm new as well.
I also have HIV/HCV coinfection, I got the HCV via drug use in the early 1980's and had it for years before I even knew it was there. It wasn't until after I was diagnosed with another Hep (I can't remember if it was a or b, I have had all three......) that they found the antibodies for the C and told me I had gotten over it all on my own sometime in the past. I became hiv pos in 1999. I am told that my hcv antibodies are undetectable, so I don't know how they know they are there, they did some kind of special test and told me that I have gotten over it and cannot pass it on to anyone. To be honest, I have always been slightly confused about what having had hcv means to my health. All I know is that they monitor my liver enzymes every 3 months when I get my other blood work done for the hiv and they are always slightly elevated but nothing to worry about I'm told. I don't know anything about treatment for hcv, but as I am coinfected with both of them and your post was about this issue, I wanted to share anyway.

--------------------
I'm like fake fruit...... I don't bruise that easy.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Anyone out there coinfected w/ HIV/HCV? new
      #220321 - 12/30/06 12:28 AM

hi just surfing thru - surprised so few replies - i'm co-infected and had a couple biopsies . last one showed stage 4 fibrosis ie: time to seriously consider starting traetment for hcv ! but no.
waiting for better drug options ... there are several in the pipeline , one in particular in human trials starts with ' Vala .... ' way long name anyway saw reports of 80 percent effectiveness at clearing genotype one hcv ,, that would be worth risking the side effects .
anyway there's a lot to consider and i hope you have been able to locate good sources of info and support to guide you . best wishes

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5185

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3